• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CARVED MY OWN PIPE

atuck

ANEJORE
I bought some briar blocks on ebay. I decided to see how the various hand tools would work with the wood. This is my 1st attempt at making anything out of wood, except construction type wood. I think that this one came out pretty interesting. It is a little different to say the least. I hope you guys like it. Definetly, i have a long way to go to make a perfect pipe. This one was my experiment. I only used hand held tools, I need to get my lathe and mill out of storage. I used to be pretty good at machining Harley parts. And I used to do a lot of cylinder head porting so I'm pretty good at the hand held grinders. I made the pipe last night and then smoked it. It smoked superbly!!! :thumbs:
DSC01947.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

Pretty nice looking pipe there, Alan!

Did the blocks come drilled or did you do that as well?

I've always thought about trying my hand at making a pipe, I've just never really gone through with it.

I've always thought about trying my hand at making a pipe, I've just never really gone through with it.

This particular block came pre-drilled. All the other blocks are not drilled. I have been looking for the proper bits and some other pipe specific tools. I want my bowls to taper.

You should try making one, it was a blast. Especially when I got to put fire to it. I am breaking it in with a tin of Dunhill Nitecap from the late 80's. The smoking experience with my very own pipe and that wonderful vintage tobacco, was abloutely superb.

This particular block came pre-drilled. All the other blocks are not drilled. I have been looking for the proper bits and some other pipe specific tools. I want my bowls to taper.

You should try making one, it was a blast. Especially when I got to put fire to it. I am breaking it in with a tin of Dunhill Nitecap from the late 80's. The smoking experience with my very own pipe and that wonderful vintage tobacco, was abloutely superb.
Rub it in, why don't you. ;)

I'll give it a try some time. I'll have to get one of the pre-drilled kits, though. It sounds like fun.

:thumbs:

I'm a big wood worker and have been lookin' into doing this myself. But any time I got read tutorials on how to do it I get SO lost cause I don't know ANY pipe lingo.... for like parts and stuff.
Chris

Well done! thats a cool idea, making yur own pipe. We are snowed in today with an ice storm at the Ranch, i have a Dremmell and the 100+ attachments, wish i had some Briar wood! (although i may take a walk to the woodpile, and look for something. What kind of wood can be used, anyone know? (thinking about cherry?)

Try this site: http://www.pimopipecraft.com

Impressive!!! Very unusual & I bet it fits your hand well with all the flanges and knobs.

Thanks for the compliments! :thumbs:

I could not resist. I had to smoke it again. I just finished a 1/2 bowl of 1995 Dunhill "My Mixture" No. 600w. It was one of the best smokes I have ever had. :thumbs:

The 600w was a 1st for me too. I do not know a lot about the blend. I think it might have a little aromatic thing going on but it is very mild. An amazing tobacco to say the least!! I am sure this was a great tobacco when it came out but I do think that the last 12-13 yrs of age have even made it better, very smooth and cool. But the TASTE! :0 :thumbs: I almost want to smoke some more out of another pipe but it is too late. Oh, but I know what I will be doing in the morning! :D

I will give my new Atuck pipe a few days off though. It will be hard to do. I guess I better make another one.

I am familiar with PIMO. But I have been searching for alternatives to thier bits. Maybe even find someplace to make custom ones. But PIMO is an EXCELLENT place to get info, tools, and any other supplies needed for making pipes. They also offer a really cool little book on pipe making.