• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Fuente Robusto (Yellow band on foot)

NorcalMark

I really love the cameron wrapper.

What wrapper is this yellow band?

Medium or full

Marky Mark! Good my friend.

And let us know how the sumatra Casa Fuente is. The few comments I've seen about it haven't been glowing.

I will smoke it tomorrow morning. I already stretched palate today with an Emilio AF1 and a Four Kicks. I would be just smoking just to smoke at this point

There are two color for the band ? Mine are orange if I rememberd correctly.

Rosado wrapper?

Louich, they made a Sumatran version with a yellow foot band instead of the standard, orange. I've heard some negative things about the yellow, so I didn't pick any up when I saw them last.

Thanks for the precision. I only tried one this summer with the orange band and it was awesome !

Thanks for the precision. I only tried one this summer with the orange band and it was awesome !

The Cameroon (orange band) is outstanding.

I just fired up the yellow band about 2 mins ago. We'll see

I was not overly impressed with the Sumatra. While I did find some sweetness from the sumatra wrapper it was bit bitter on the first third of the cigar. It got a litte creamier past half way and the bitterness was gone. It really had a charred tobacco taste. Not in a good way.

The cameroon wrapper CF is far superior imo. Nice balance of earthy sweetness with just enough strengh in the filler as to not over power the wrapper.

The bitterness, could it be because it needed to age a little longer?

I was not overly impressed with the Sumatra. While I did find some sweetness from the sumatra wrapper it was bit bitter on the first third of the cigar. It got a litte creamier past half way and the bitterness was gone. It really had a charred tobacco taste. Not in a good way.

That's pretty much what I heard another guy say. Thanks for your opinion Mark!

The yellow is sungrown iirc. I agree, original is better

To each their own. I picked up a box of the 806's this fall, and I prefer them over the box of standard Casa Fuente Corona Gordas that I bought the previous year. The yellow bands cigars seem aren't quite as full as the orange band cigars, which is more my speed. But really, you can't go wrong with either.

I need another one to smoke to give it a fair shake.

Lots of people rave about the Fuente Don Carlos #3. i smoked one that just so so, the next one was not so good. The third one was superb. All the rest I have tried were great. So I can't just write off
the yellow band with just one smoking.

Mark - in Vegas next week, you want me to grab you one?