• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cedar on or off

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
So I was at my wife's friends house last night. I found out the husband smoked cigars so I took a few to share. I gave him a AF 858 sungrown which had the cedar wrap. So I lit mine up and 5 minutes later I see a burn in his cedar...on his cigar! I left it for a minute and contemplated letting him smoke it. Finally I couldn't take it and went over and took off the cedar for him.

Apparently he says he has been smoking cigars for years but I guess it just happens. :)

There was a newish member at our local cigar club named Doug who did that same thing about two months ago. We call him "Wrapper D" now.

There was a time I would have said, no way, you have to be pulling my leg, but there is a photo going around the internet of someone at an expensive cigar event smoking something good (maybe an Opus?) with the ceder still on. He was a good halfway through the cigar.

That is when you tell him to use the cedar wrapper as a split and light his cigar with it. That is assuming it was unpainted. Oh and take the tape off as well. I keep all of my cedar wrappers and use them as splits.

I remember in college I would light the wrong end of a cigarette. Man that sucked.

There was a story floating around CP, about a member smoking the Opus xXx ribbon :sign:

Yikes!
"A smokey woody flavour".

Ever picked up a lit cigar and put the wrong end in your trap?

Well contrary to popular belief the cedar adds to making sure the cigar doesn't go out!

You haven't smoked a power ranger till you smoked one with the ribbon on.

Like in all thing in life YMMV :whistling:

tone-ny said:
Well contrary to popular belief the cedar adds to making sure the cigar doesn't go out!

You haven't smoked a power ranger till you smoked one with the ribbon on.

Like in all thing in life YMMV :whistling:
 And exactly how many scotches does that take?  :rolleyes:

I remember reading about some fellows in a bar who a seasoned cigar smoker observed them removing the "wrapper" leaf from the cigars prior to lighting. They explained, to him, that it was just the "Wrapper". 

Now, I do have some "Leaf and Bean" cigars that do come wrapped in a leaf.  Haven't tried any yet. but heard quite a buzz about them. I bought the Corojo version.

Yeah you do want to take that outer leaf off of the Leaf by Oscar...although you wouldn't be the first to clip and light it.