• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chat room

RichYhlen

Just out of curiosity? Has this forum ever had a chat room and if not why couldnt we get one or is this a bad idea. It actually might be a good thing to brings people alot friendlier and friends alot closer. Just an idea and throwing out in the open figured i would ask instead of looking thru 2163 pages of threads

Rich

There is some solid information on this if you search for it. Basically, there was formerly a chat room, but it was closed due to it taking up too many resources on the server that CP is hosted on. It comes back up occasionally for special events.

We had it a few years ago. I have a feeling if it were in place now it would be a zoo compared to how it used to be. I'm happy with the alternative.

Speaking of bandwidth and server resources, how does CigarPass pay for itself? Is it prurely sporsorships from the advertising ad-views/click throughs or do people contribute when the need arrives?

Speaking of bandwidth and server resources, how does CigarPass pay for itself? Is it prurely sporsorships from the advertising ad-views/click throughs or do people contribute when the need arrives?

The sponsors help pay for CP. In addition, JFields holds an annual raffle which is a huge help. I try to limit the number of ads we offer, as I don't want CP becoming a commercialized site with banners/ads everywhere.

The chatroom we used to use was very resource intensive, and caused the sql server to crash constantly. The upgrades we've been implementing recently to the forum have created a more interactive environment. More features are coming soon...

Just out of curiosity? Has this forum ever had a chat room and if not why couldnt we get one or is this a bad idea. It actually might be a good thing to brings people alot friendlier and friends alot closer. Just an idea and throwing out in the open figured i would ask instead of looking thru 2163 pages of threads

Rich

Try looking here and here!

thumbs-up.gif