• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheap Matches - no good

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else experience this:All I had on me was a book of those cheap matches you get at the market. I lit up a cigar, and wow, the first few puffs really tasted bad. I'll definately keep some wooden matches on hand from now on. I know it's the matches on the not the cigar, because I've done this twice, two different cigars...

I had this same experience once. I feel your pain, lol. They use sulfur in regular matches. Wooden cigar matches are sulfur free. That is the taste, that you are not fond of.

ahhhh, that's it ;) not a good taste at all.

I should add, that you just cannot buy any wooden matches from any supermarket etc. They will also have the sulfur. You have to find actual cigar matches. The best are cedar, IMHO.
If you have a hard time finding them, email me Rod.

Rod, I found that if you use the wooden kitchen matches or strike-anywhere type and you let the sulfur tip burn off prior to putting it up to the cigar, you will not get that nasty flavor rush. And forget about the paper matches. If you wait for the sulfur to burn off the end of those all you will get are burnt fingers.

right, use the stick to light when the tip burns out. helps to use the longer matches.