• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheap Sticks

Fatken

I have won a bid at Cigarbid.com on some “Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro “Super-Toro””. I have smoked or tried to smoke 4 of these in the last couple of weeks. Two of them were decent smokes, but the other two had draw problems, I couldn’t keep them lit.

So my questions are:

1. Is this what I get for buying $1.50 cigars? Would this be typical?
2. Will aging any longer help?
3. Should I just throw the bad ones away when I find them?

Thanks

Ken

Any cigar can have a poor draw but the more expensive ones are usually made by rollers with more experience and so don't suffer from this problem as much. There are plenty of decent $2-5 stciks, you may have just gotten a bad run with that particular one. Aging won't help a bad draw..

^ what he said, also they might be too wet and dont be afraid try rolling them between your fingers to loosen them up.

I will give that a try. If it works, I smoke it and if not I throw it.

The ITSF toro maduro is one of my everyday go to smokes. I've probably bought over 100 boxes and rarely get a tight draw, maybe one out of every 40-50 cigars. Hopefully you were just unlucky with that batch. If you liked the ones that smoked well, keep giving them a chance.

Good advice from those above. It sounds as if they may be wet so you might let them sit for a few hours before lighting. Rolling them between the fingers never works for me but a draw poker sometimes does the trick (try a wood screw if you don't have a poker.)

These are good sticks for the price -- great taste on a budget! I always have some on hand for when I'm playing on-line poker on the deck.

I have won a bid at Cigarbid.com on some "Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro "Super-Toro"". I have smoked or tried to smoke 4 of these in the last couple of weeks. Two of them were decent smokes, but the other two had draw problems, I couldn't keep them lit.

So my questions are:

Thanks

Ken

Is this typical for cheap cigars? You're more likely to find a stinker on the cheap end. I've built my stock so that I can afford to store my acquistions longer. I've been told that aging lessens the likelyhood of a tight draw. When I do find a tight draw that I can't cure with my coat hanger probe, I toss it and get another.

I have won a bid at Cigarbid.com on some “Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro “Super-Toro””. I have smoked or tried to smoke 4 of these in the last couple of weeks. Two of them were decent smokes, but the other two had draw problems, I couldn’t keep them lit.
One of my favorite smokes, always pick them up when they're on sale (CI usually has them for nearly a buck a stick at times)

So my questions are:
They're top notch cigars. The smaller gauges draw a bit tight, but otherwise they are fine. Might be more of a humidity problem then anything else, try drying them out for a few hours before smoking if you run into problems.

Not with the draw.

You can try to use a screw as a poker, or just pitch it and try another. Depends on how badly you want to smoke :p

I often smoke one over my lunch hour, frequently a Connie #9. I like the Connies, but I'm guessing about 1 in 8 will draw too tight to smoke and can't be massaged or pierced. I ALWAYS carry a backup. I've never had 2 bad ones in a row.

Excellent advice from all above.
Sounds like they may be a little wet.
I like the ITSF Toro Maduros very much. Good luck with them.