• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheeesecake

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
03-21-08Imported005.jpg

Cheesecake

One box Duncan Hines cake mix
3 - 8oz packages cream cheese
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream

I always set all ingredients out to let them get to room temperature (especially the butter and cream cheese).

Mix together cake mix and vegetable oil. Spoon into well greased springform pan (9") and press into bottom. Place in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 22 minutes. When done, remove and set aside.

Put cream cheese in a bowl and mix until semi creamy. Add sugar a little at a time and mix well each time until all sugar is combined. Pour in sour cream and vanilla, mix well. Beat eggs lightly, then add in and mix until just incorporated. Pour into springform pan on top of cake mix and place in 450 degree oven for 7 minutes (I put the rack up high in the oven). Turn oven down to 250 degrees and bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until top starts to turn golden.

When done, take out and let sit until completely cool (will shrink down). I love cherry filling with mine, the wife strawberries. So, we have some strawberries for tomorrow. :laugh:

Hint: To help keep cracks from forming on top of the cheesecake, you can place a shallow pan of water on the rack beneath the rack the cheesecake is on. Obviously, I didn't do it with mine. :D

And here's what I made my for my little baby girl today. This is what she gets to dig into tomorrow for her birthday (actually it's Monday, but party is tomorrow). Also made a much larger cake for the candles and such. I loves my baby girl!! :D

03-21-08Imported028.jpg

Sour Cream Pound Cake

3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
6 Eggs

Cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one. Sift dry ingredients 3 times and add alternately with sour cream to first mixture, beating until smooth. Add vanilla. Bake in 9" tube (or bundt) pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15-20 minutes. Let cook completely before removing from pan. You can add whatever you like to the mixture such as nuts or one of my favorites...chocolate chips!! (always drench with flour before adding to try and help keep from sinking to the bottom).

03-21-08Imported012.jpg

Edited to add my babygirl enjoying cream cheese icing!

Nicely done. It's nice seeing a proud papa baking for his little girl!!!

Pass along Happy Birthday from Indiana!

Very nice Greg! Happy b-day to your little girl!!!

Don