• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chicago to Cuba.

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
According to the Chicago Suntimes today, flights to Cuba will start this Friday. One flight leaves O'Hare airport Friday and a flight from Cuba the same day, and an extra flight will be added Jan. 9th regularly by C&T Airlines.C&T will be flying a Boeing 737-400 that accomadates 150 people.O'hare is one of several airports that have been authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection to host flights to Cuba. The only thing it doesn't say is what you can bring back. :D The article is today's Suntimes which is written by Stephano Esposito.Hope of hopes!

According to the Chicago Suntimes today, flights to Cuba will start this Friday. One flight leaves O'Hare airport Friday and a flight from Cuba the same day, and an extra flight will be added Jan. 9th regularly by C&T Airlines.C&T will be flying a Boeing 737-400 that accomadates 150 people.O'hare is one of several airports that have been authorized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection to host flights to Cuba. The only thing it doesn't say is what you can bring back. :D The article is today's Suntimes which is written by Stephano Esposito.Hope of hopes!

Nothing has changed...these are charter flights for the same 3 groups of people that qualify to fly there...

1) Folks with Family in Cuba
2) People doing research who are associated with a learning institution and have filed the proper paperwork
3) Folks with US Governmental approved business there

It saves these people an extra flight to Florida to get there.

http://www.suntimes....ts-to-cuba.html

I guess you're right, it's hard for me to believe that there are that many farm reps and businesses in the midwest to warrant two flights from Chicago every week and other cities. I guess i'm hoping that Obama opens up Cuba just as he had Khadafi wiped off the map and Bin Laden. I believe that the embargo hasn't been justified for quite a long time. It would be a feather in Obama's cap.

Trying not to get too political, it would be cool to be able to visit someday.

That would be cool for all cigar lovers in the US, no more sneaking around to get your hands on some Koobans.

One of the guys I work with went for a legal seminar kind of thing down there a few years ago and had a blast. They had a day or so of lectures and then a week of vacation.

CP would close, everybody would just sit around and OD on the cigars and the beverage.

Hehe,

http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2011/09/26/american-marathoners-run-havanas-streets-for-the-first-time/#

As the saying goes, half of life is just showing up.

Of all the people to go to Cuba is a bunch of runners, can't imagine too many of them smoking cigars. :(

I've looked into the Havana Marathon before, would probably be a fun trip. Expensive, but fun.

When I collapse a couple of miles into it, can the ambulance take me by the Partagas factory on the way to the hospital?

When I collapse a couple of miles into it, can the ambulance take me by the Partagas factory on the way to the hospital?

My kind of guy! :laugh:

As an aside, one of my favorite running/triathlon t-shirts says, "If I collapse, pause my Garmin".

I could fall into #2. I wonder what the reefs of Cuba are like.

eta: We had a professor from Utah go with his wife who was the head librarian for the University of Utah's medical library. He showed a bunch of pictures and loved every minute of it.

Claudio....just tell Obama that you are going to visit "Abuelo". John

You know guys, it would not be out of the question if you got injured just before the marathon, and unfortunately not be able to compete. I dont think anyone would begrudge you making the best of the time you had there with you're in-grown toe nail.