• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Band Table Project:

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
As a general rule, I began saving bands when I first started smoking because I viewed each of them as their own art peice. As I continued to collect them, I kept wondering what I was going to do with them, if I was going to make a collage of them to frame, put them on a coffee mug, or a beer stein, or on an ashtray. Then it hit me: Put them on a table to put on the smoking patio!

I finally had the chance to do it when I bought the wife a new dining room table. She let me have this one to mess with, and now it's begun. I started the project on 03/15/2009, and have added a few more. Just thought I'd show some photos to let you folks see.

The design I am going for is divided by four quadrants, with the concept that each side of the table that a guest sits at, they will be able to view different cigar bands.

03152009.jpg

(Taken on 03/15/2009)

03232009.jpg

(Taken on 03/213/2009)

The blue tape will be removed once each side is finished, and in the empty space I want to cascade Opus cigar bands coming up towards the middle. The middle of the table will also be covered in Opus bands, but the main four bands in the very center will be a black Forbidden X Opus Band, a Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario band, a Padron Millennium band, and a Don Arturo Gran Aniverxario band. I'm pretty excited. :thumbs:

I could use some help from a few CP Brethren... I am running out of cigar bands, and I know I don't have enough Opus bands to cover as much space as I need to. If you guys have any surplus of bands lying about that you don't want, I'd be glad to take them off of your hands for this project. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep posting pictures until it's finished! :thumbs:

PM me your addy, I have a few I am happy to send. Not many of those nasty Opus though.

Ken

PM me your addy

I do not have many, most were lost in the move to Brussels, but I have some, and they are yours.

Tim

That's a great idea and has my creative juices flowing. That's going to be one great piece of furniture for sure! :thumbs:

That is a great idea. How exactly are you sticking the bands on? What do you plan on coating it with once you're finished?

That's a very good idea. I too have been saving my cigar bands and haven yet to decide what I want to do with them. I'm excited to see your final work of art.

That beer looks like it is a vital tool in your table making endeavor.

I've got a box or two full of bands that I will send your way. However, you might have to dedicate an entire 1/4 of the table to Padron 2000 bands. :laugh:

Great project Jonathan I can't wait to see it finished. On a side note I would have picked a smaller table. :p

But really it's a real neat idea you had here.

Beer cigars and contact cement. I shudder to think of the implications to the poor little creature in the cage behind the table. ??? ??? ???

How many cigars do you usually smoke at once?

That's a very good question, and I feel it should be re-addressed.

After a lengthy conversation with Brent, involving many small words so that I can fully comprehend Bruce's comment, it has come to my attention that this question arose from the number of cigars seen on the ashtray in the first picture... Being the swanky entertainer I am, I had Stoggie13, myself, and my brother in law's cigars on the ashtray at the time of the photo.

Now, I'm gonna go take my "smart pills" and lie down.... :whistling:

That beer looks like it is a vital tool in your table making endeavor.

It totally is!! On a sidenote, I'm swearing off beer until next month becuase of an upcoming opening I am trying to get... I am using an acrylic sealer to glue the bands down and secure them there, and when I am finished, I'll be spraying on a high-gloss acrylic sealant.

Lots of funny fumes!!

I don't see many White Owls there Jon!

I have a Fuente Cuban Corona box jam packed full. Its yours

Awesome idea, I am planning on the same but haven't got around to the thrift shops yet. Can't wait to see how yours comes out!

You have to keep us up to date for sure! This is going to be one killer table.

Cutting back on beer....new position.....

Job Opening

:sign:
Nice table and great idea, let me see what I can find for you

How do you have time for this project? Shouldn't you be laid up on the couch.....

:laugh: