• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Box Art

CD

CajunChris’s post about the antique humidor reminded me of a family heirloom. My father has spent many years doing family research. In the process various items have been gifted to him. One such item is a portrait of my great great great grandparents. The frame is made of notched wood. From what I understand this is known as “cigar box art” because the frame is made entirely of wood from used cigar boxes. If you look at the back you can see how the pieces fit together. It is quite large, about 4’ high by 5’ wide. The photos themselves were a little scary, these were not happy people. Either life on the farm was VERY difficult or they were pissed that the Pennsylvania tobacco was not as good as the Havana leaf.

Cigar box art will now be ruined due to the new laws regarding tobacco warnings... So you guys who have boxes with no warnings, hang on to 'em, their gonna be worth money in the future. Or send 'em to me (yes, empty cigar boxes) and I'll hang on to 'em. LOL :)Rod :cool: