• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Boxes as Humidors?

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
Aren't some cigar boxes capable of being used as humidors after the fact?

And if so, are the domestic Trinidad's one of those?

I have uses a Mayorga box as a dry box for a while. I just put polyeurothane on the outside. Once it was set up I threw in a hockey puck. Worked fine and held at %55-60. Too low for storage, but fine for a dry box. In a pinch, I coulda put that into ziploc bag and it woulda been a humi.

Emo

I have a Chateau Fuente box that I am using for some extra smokes for the moment and w/ a puck, it works great.

I would recc. a humi though.

Some descent ones can be found for 50-80

Get a one gallon rectangular Tupperware container from Wally World, put humidification device in it along with a couple of sheets of spanish cedar, insert cigars. :thumbs:

I would agree with Bill and they come in multiple sizes too ;)

Don't get me wrong, I have a humidor, two actually. I was really just curious.

I'm considering doing some sort of coolidor. I've been reading previous posts on the matter. Don't know what size I want yet though. I really don't intend to start buying boxes and storing them. Then again, I never intended to need more than the initial 20 count humi, LOL.

considering the addiction this hobby puts on you, go ahead and just build 2 coolerdors. you'll need them eventually! :D

actually, if you have too many sticks, you do not even need the extra faux-humis, just send the smokes my way and I promise I will keep them in perfect cond. (lit, and in my mouth)

:sign: :sign: