• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Draft

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
I had seen a Cigar Draft done on another board. I think Diesel Grinch had ran it. It sounded like a blast, man!!

I did a search and could not find anything of the sort here on CP. Anyone had any experience with one of these? Interest in running one?

I believe the deal is, you send it a 5er to the grand puba of the Draft. He posts all the sticks, then a draft order is randomly selected. Cigars are picked based on the draft order, top to bottom back to top, etc....

How that treatin' ya!!

Jason

That's does sound fun. Gotta be better than one of my two Fantasy Football Drafts this year!! :laugh:

Wolfie,

If this would be anything like my FFL draft, I'll take a pass..... I don't want to see a front line Backwoods with Swisher at tailback, and El Producto coming out of retirement at QB :laugh:

Seriously folks, I'd be stoked to do something like this. Unfortunately, my status here would not allow me to partake in running such an event. I would be hammered on fo shu. I think making the suggestion is as far as I can go....

So, any FOG or brother in respectable standing, please stand up!!

I'm pretty new around here, but would likely be willing to host something like this if no one with more time steps up. I assume that postage for the packages going back out comes in with the 5ers?

I'm pretty new around here, but would likely be willing to host something like this if no one with more time steps up. I assume that postage for the packages going back out comes in with the 5ers?

Bro, for sure!!! Who would run this if they had to cover 10 or 15 postages :whistling:

I believe they included postage along with the 5ers (or whatever) was sent in.

I picture the host recieving the cigars and postage(cash or could each person click-n-ship thier own label and include it IN the package). That way, host puts the sticks in the humi, cigars are drafted. Once picks are done, host could take the preprinted label, match it with the stoogies selected, box it and drop it!!

I would guess the host will need to preorder some boxes from USPS, get some zip lock bags (or used the incoming ones), and possibly some bubble for safety sake.

Tigger, I have seen you around. It looks like you have had some dealing with upstanding bro's, I would have not problem with you heading this. That is just one vote though.....

FYI, I am not trying to ditch responsiblity for this idea. I would be happy to run it also. I could not start it until after Thanksgiving. I am not offended if someone else runs this.

That is a truly great idea and I would love to partake in one but I would need to know the requirements of the cigars that we would send in. I don't want to be a scrub and have all my cigars go in the last rounds! It's understandable that not everyone would be able to send the same quality but we should set some standard so I know whether I should be a participant or viewer.

Of course some one is going to have to step up and agree to host to set these rules!

Sounds like a great time.

Im in if it is after Thanksgiving.

Ken

I agree that there would need to be some standards set. I would expect something along 5 banded cigars ($5 value or better). I do not have anything extremely la-ti-da either, but I may throw in a hot prospect to see if I can get a first rounder :D

Everyone is on a different level with budgets,etc. I think we would have fun and hope to get some nice sticks out of it also.

Hey fellas,

This does sound like a good idea. Just a few questions:

How is the draft pool set up? Each person gets set and then there are 5 "rounds" or the first person in the draft gets to pick his five first and then the next and so on.....

Also, being from vegas one thing that comes to mind would be some sort of comission or committee. Perhaps 3 independents who are not going to partake in the "draft" can verify that the way the draft is set up is fair and no one person or groups of persons end up with the first picks. I only mention this because someone may want to complain, as has been said before "you never need a contract until you agree to disagree" this would just be preventative measure for whomever it is that runs the thing. It would take pressure off of them and persons would not even be able to consider that there might be funny business going on. One exception I would be cool with though is that whomever does end up doing this I think should automatically get the first draft pick based on the fact that they are undertaking what could end up being a respectably sized project. Just my 0.02c

I might be interested in running this unless a more senior member wants to take it on.

There are two reference threads on Snobs that I'd mine for details, rules, etc.

Let me know.

Wilkey

Sounds like a blast. I'll play, but won't be available until the 2nd of Dec.

If Wilkey has the time, I think he'd be a excellent draft coordinator! :)