• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Experiences in Tampa

MrAnderson41

Cool Story 'Bro!
I’m making a trip to Tampa at the end of February to catch some spring training baseball and was looking for some cigar related activities to fill in the time between games.

I’ve got my tour of JC Newman booked but was really hoping to do the rolling class as well. Unfortunately they’re all booked for the time I’ll be there.

A quick google search came back with La Faraona cigars. It looks like they do a rolling class.

Has anybody done something something similar while in Tampa/Ybor that they would recommend?

I’m making a trip to Tampa at the end of February to catch some spring training baseball and was looking for some cigar related activities to fill in the time between games.

I’ve got my tour of JC Newman booked but was really hoping to do the rolling class as well. Unfortunately they’re all booked for the time I’ll be there.

A quick google search came back with La Faraona cigars. It looks like they do a rolling class.

Has anybody done something something similar while in Tampa/Ybor that they would recommend?
Following!

I don't have any info to contribute, but I am in the same boat. I am planning a trip to Tampa in the near future and certainly want the inside scoop on some places that are "must visit."

A tour of EL Reloj and JC Newman sounds incredible!

Following!

I don't have any info to contribute, but I am in the same boat. I am planning a trip to Tampa in the near future and certainly want the inside scoop on some places that are "must visit."

A tour of EL Reloj and JC Newman sounds incredible!
If they have openings at JC Newman for the rolling class I think I’d definitely check that out. Since they were all booked up i ended up signing up for a class at La Faraona in Ybor. It costs more than the class at El Reloj but you get 10 cigars instead of 5.

If there are any other must see/do activities I’m all ears. Any locals want to meet up to herf?

Can't help with which rolling lessons are good, but I spent a couple days in Tampa recently.

Walked Ybor city, there were shops, lounges, and rollers everywhere. I inagine all the rollers are pretty damn good.

The cigar bars I enjoyed were:

Gran Cathedral Cigars
2201 N Florida Ave,
Tampa, FL 33602

Corona Cigar Company, Davidoff Lounge (monster selection of cigars, not just Davidoff. ).
4142 W Boy Scout Blvd,
Tampa, FL 33607

The shops I liked the most:

Edwards Pipe and Tobacco Shop
3235 Henderson Blvd,
Tampa, FL 33609

Vincent &Tampa Cigar Co
3103 N Howard Ave,
Tampa, FL 33607

Have fun, hope you find a rolling experience.

Non Cigar:

The aquarium was real impressive

Armature works was a fun food court like spot on the river

Berns Steakhouse is always solid.

Last edited:
Wow, didn't know they were still locked down. On the phone about a year ago they said that since several of the Fuente family were getting up there in years that they intended to be extra cautious, but I would have thought they'd be back open by now.