• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar iPhone apps

g-smoke

Silent but deadly
I was doing some browsing of the iPhone app store tonight and saw that the number of cigar related apps seems to be growing. Back in Nov/December when I first got my iPhone there was only one app that I saw called Tasting Notes that had fields for rating cigars. Now there are a few more including the cigar review database from Puff.com (terrible design and interface from what I can tell in the screenshots).

Just wondering if anyone has taken the plunge on any of these apps and have any recommendations. None of them are very expensive, but I don't really like buying apps that I'm unsure about.

I use "Mobile Stogie", it is nice for keeping track of your smokes.

I use Tap Forms and make my own database. I have one for my cigars, pipes and tobacco.

I use "Mobile Stogie", it is nice for keeping track of your smokes.

X2

I've had this on my iPhone for a couple of months. An OK app, but work in progress.

I emailed the developer about a couple of recommendations, but got no reply. It should really have a BUY/SMOKE button so you can easily update your quantities.

On the plus side...it does have many cigars in it's database, so you don't have to type many details in.

It's not the most stable of apps out there either.

Yes, I'll have to give Mobile Stogie a shot. Hopefully the quantity updating feature won't be long in coming.

thanks for the recommendations.

I've been using Mobile Stogie for about 3 weeks now. It's a good concept that is a couple of features away from being a great little app. As mentioned above, a BUY/SMOKE button would be welcome, and if there was a way to link to a review database from within the reference section, that would be really cool. You can Google search a particular cigar from within the app, but links directly to reviews would be really cool.

There was an update just a few days ago that added a pretty fair number of additional cigars to the database.

All in all, good app.

I've looked for a couple great apps for cigars. I will go and take a look at Mobile Stoogie now, thanks.

Wow, I need to get up on the times. These iPhones have apps for literally everything, huh? Maybe it's time for a service provider change.

Calling on Ambrosia. How about it, Andrew? How about a CP Cigar app for the iPhone? Don't like any of the existing ones and I'm sure if you create one, it'll be head and shoulders above the rest.

I'd actually been playing with the idea for a while a developing a windows application for this sort of thing for a while now. I kinda dis-credited myself thinking people wouldn't be interested in it. Maybe this fall if i have some free time (read: unable to find work) I'll work up a beta and see if theirs any interest from the community.

Also, anyone know if theirs anything for WinMobile?

Can the Apple / Winblows argument be considered one of those controversial topics not to be discussed on CP?
:sign: