• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Related Emails

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
A quick question...how many cigar related emails do you receive a day? From a cigar retailer, a cigar publication, or anything else cigar related?

I personally get anywhere from 10-30 a day. I’ve bought from a ton of online retailers over the years, local shops where they ask for an email address to announce events, from online forums I belong to, and from cigar publications & blogs I’ve either signed up for or posted on.

It’s so many that I’ve finally started to thin out the herd. But in the back of my mind as I do this, I know they also serve the purpose of staying in touch with the market...whether it be new cigars coming out or sales on cigars I like or wanted to try....and because of that, it also costs me a ton of money too!

I know I’m not in the minority here. So....how does everyone here handle this daily influx of emails?

When I first got a smart phone, I unsubscribed fro everything. But you have to that every few months to keep things clean. I just use a dummy email, not my regular email, so I can keep stuff like that separate - Garyscigarnews@cp.com

I do the same as Corn, use an email address just for the signups. For some items I make rules to send the emails to different folders to review at my leisure.

I do the same as Corn, use an email address just for the signups. For some items I make rules to send the emails to different folders to review at my leisure.
This is what I do as well. Keeps my personal email addresses pristine...

I get up to 200 mails a day at work, the home volume seems quite managable...:D

I get cigar mail, firearm mail, Amazon, personal mail, etc. to my Gmail account. I have a Comcast account but rarely use it; I can scrub Gmail at home, work, and on the phone very easily. Not that I can't get Comcast mail on my phone (I do) but I'm starting to prefer getting everything in one place. Lots of times I'll scrub the mail from my phone, then read / respond to the stuff I'm interested in from my PC.

I don't mind the volume, oftentimes I get something I'm interested in. The 'delete' button deals with the rest quickly and painlessly.