• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Safari?

zeemanb

I’m admittedly not a wiz at the search function other than looking up “safari”, so I didn’t find much info specific to people’s experiences with these. I’m planning on buying a spot for next year when they go on sale to the general public around Memorial Day, and just wanted to know if anyone here has been on one, or if there are comparable trips available. I’m not as dedicated to the brand as many DE superfans, but the place looks awesome, they do make great cigars, it’s not priced too crazy, and they seem to have it down to a science. This would be my main vacation for a long while, so the carting me around/babysitting aspect has great appeal…and is part of what sold the idea to my wife (No dear, no late night adventures in Managua, they pick us up, take us to the middle of nowhere to live for a few days, drop us back off at the airport and I come home). A guy at CF does Cuban group tours, but the additional cost and days needed won’t work out until I can sell my wife on the idea that she really, really needs to see Cuba.

My Father and/or Nica Sueno would be my ultimate wish for a Nicaraguan cigar trip, but the no-brainer/all-inclusive appeal of the Cigar Safari has got me unless there are other similar tours I don’t know about. And it’s not like smoking T52’s for four days and visiting the Joya de Nicaragua factory isn’t an incredible opportunity….

Anyway, any info appreciated from those who are way more familiar with this type of adventure. I’m not active on other boards that have their own dedicated Safaris, and the general public spots go FAST once they go on sale, so I definitely need to be ready to pull the trigger when it comes up.

No info to offer other than to say I would do this in a heart beat.

No info to offer other than to say I would do this in a heart beat.

Come along! You'll never tire of my "yeah, if I still drank, that open bar would be history" running commentary.

Come along! You'll never tire of my "yeah, if I still drank, that open bar would be history" running commentary.

Got to buy a ring soon. If a 25 cent gumball machine plastic spider ring would be acceptable, I'd do it. Sooooo for now I need to watch the pennies so to save up for a...

51UnCtn56ZL.jpg

If I remember correctly, Jonesy won a trip similar to this in a contest. He may have posted about it. Maybe he can chime in here.