• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Tracker Going Off Line

GilV

During the past two months I've been upgrading the CigarTraker site/program thanks to inputs and gripes received. CigarTracker 2.0 was due to come out this month but because I spent some time on the now defunked Survivor Pass and Web site, the rollout date for CigarTracker 2.0 was delayed.As the rollout date came nearer I started having major problems with the existing CigarTracker site. Since I continue to have major problems with technical support with now three ISPs, I have desided to put the hole idea on the shelf for a while. I appreciate those of you who used it on your passes and used it as pass participants. Using it was an extra step, an extrea burden which I hoped improve the hole pass experience. But if the system is unreliable then its useless and simply a burden.I am sorry I could not be of more help to this wonderful comminity. I will keep improving the CigarTracker application and maybe one day, when I find a relaible and inexpensive (is this an oximoron?) ISP, I will roll it out again.

Sorry to hear this. I thought it was a really cool site. I hope you do find a good ISP / hosting site. If I hear of anyone that hosts for a nominal charge (or maybe even donates to groups), I'll let you know.

Gil, What is cigartracker.com written in? What kind of data access does it use? It might be possible to host it at CigarWeekly.com

Way to step up to the plate Dan! Also welcome to the site.