• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar trades

lovetheleaf

I wanted to see if I could get some opinions. I was recently involved in a trade with a fellow BOTL on CP. We agreed on the terms of the trade and the following day of the agreement I sent my end out, provided a DC # and maintained full communication with the other participant. I have tracked my package and it has been confirmed that it was received. Although still no DC# for for the package coming to me and very little communication on his end. What to do now?

Make every attempt to resolve this via PM. Give this member a chance to explain why they have not kept you informed, and see if their end has been sent out.
If you do not get a response in say like four or five days, then out this member in pubilc.

You want to be able to say you made every attempt to handle this in a respectful, private way before going out in the open.

Make every attempt to resolve this via PM. Give this member a chance to explain why they have not kept you informed, and see if their end has been sent out.
If you do not get a response in say like four or five days, then out this member in pubilc.

You want to be able to say you made every attempt to handle this in a respectful, private way before going out in the open.
What John said. Sound advice!

Brian

OK. Thank you very much for the advise. I agree with you 100% !

If you do decide to go public, maybe contact Rod first giving him the details, and tell him your plans. See if he has any input/advice. Bad traders are taken very seriously here.

Yes, originally I was going to go to Rod but thought I might find out the good word from others who are far more experienced in this than I am. Thanks again

Communication is the key! I have done some transactions where everyone did what they were supposed to but it seemed that they were not because I notified them the entire way and they did not do the same in return. Sometimes things pop up and you might not be able to get to the post office immediately etc...but responding tho PM's should be a priority if goods/money/reputation/integrity is at stake. Use the message tracker feature. That way you can tell if they actually received the messages you have been sending them. Save a copy of of the message in the sent items folder as well. Let us know.

....perfect. Agree 109%.

It's very true that "life happens" but there's nothing that a PM or an e-mail saying "hey brother, my end will be delayed for a couple of days due to XXXX...." won't take care of. Bottom line is to keep the communication open, and do what you say you are going to do...!! No excuse not to; only takes a minute or two....

It's when one of the parties falls off the planet and doesn't communicate that things start to go screwy...... :whistling:

Make every effort to resolve this via PM like gentlemen, but don't hesitate to keep us in the loop as appropriate.

Good Luck - B.B.S.

Why does he have to keep it private? If there is a reason, then everyone will understand. If it's just piss poor manners and lazyness, everyone will understand that too!

Why does he have to keep it private? If there is a reason, then everyone will understand. If it's just piss poor manners and lazyness, everyone will understand that too!

Yeah, but if it is something very personal, I would rather have to explain to one person than have to come onto a board to explain it to folks i have had no prior conversation with.

I agree, I think keeping it private until it gets to far out of hand is common respect for the other party involved. Things have turned around very well so far. The other party involved has opened up the lines of communication. Thanks again for the advise.

Yeah, but if it is something very personal, I would rather have to explain to one person than have to come onto a board to explain it to folks i have had no prior conversation with.
I'd rather just explain it to one person also....but that seems to be one of the problems here, it's not being explained to that one person. There's a difference in something going on in a persons life where a transaction gets slowed but there's communication, and a transaction not going anywhere and not being able to get that person to respond. I would certainly give a person the benefit of a doubt when it comes to something like this, but if it drags on and on where that person doesn't have the common courtesy to at least take 30 seconds to respond to a pm, then there's a problem.

How long has this been going on? A couple of days, a week, a couple of weeks, a month, a couple of months, a year or what?

That should have been the first question asked here by the respondents or you should have provided that to us.

My answer to your question totally depends on how long this has been going on. When did he receive your package? ??? Give an exact date please.

If it was within the last week that's one thing but if it was in November, that's entirely different.

And NO, do NOT bother Rod with these things.

One more thing, advice is spelled with a "c" not an "s." ;)

You could send them a PM like you should have to begin with. I see alot of you have to get burned to understand what some of us already know. Then when it happens, you guys will be the first to post publicly for help.

Advice to make you wiser: Only make top secret deals/trades with friends you know and trust. Otherwise, a public bulletinboard is what this is. Really.

Sorry about not putting all the facts out there. This had gone on this past week. Yes, I sent him PMs regarding it before starting this topic. I was just looking for some friendly advice. This has been good advice from you guys and I do appreciate it very much. He and I have been able to get in touch since I started this and have worked things out. Thanks again!

Edited to correct the spelling of advice

Sorry about not putting all the facts out there. This had gone on this past week. Yes, I sent him PMs regarding it before starting this topic. I was just looking for some friendly advice. This has been good advice from you guys and I do appreciate it very much. He and I have been able to get in touch since I started this and have worked things out. Thanks again!

Edited to correct the spelling of advice

You STILL didn't answer my question. I asked you to "Give an exact date please" and all you said was "This had gone on this past week." Since it's almost Sunday which means this week is over for all intents and purposes, do you mean this past week, February 3rd through today the 10th or last week, January 27th through February 2nd? Saying "this past week" on a Saturday leaves everyone wondering WTF you're talking about.

Since you're still not putting all the facts out there, how on earth can anyone even give you advice that's worth anything?

If he received your package on 2/6 or later then there's nothing worth worrying about. If he received your package on 1/28 and you've send him multiple emails and/or personal messages with no reply AND he's been active on the board during that time, then we may have a different situation.

Once again, you didn't give us much to go on.....