• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass.com Herf

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Tim and I have been talking about having a CigarPass.com herf. It will most likely be this summer (July or August), and will be hosted in Las Vegas. How many of you guys would be interested in joining? It will be a weekend event, friday, saturday & sunday. Rod

:) You going to pick the absolute hottest time of the year to go to the desert! I'm in! LMAO!!! I have a vacation already posted for the last week in JUne though???

Can't you guys move it up a few months, like say around March 10.:biggrin:Thought I'd try since I'll be in Vegas next month.

August is a bad month for me. Got two business trips the first two weeks(unfortunately neither one is in Vegas). :sad:The last two weeks is a family vacation to Maine which is probably the last one before my oldest heads for college and after that he will not want to associate with his family at that point. LOL

Will be in L.A. for the BIG SoCal. herf end of June so another trip out west will probaly be impossible, unless I have business travel at the same time. But, if I have to go to Vegas for work I'll probably just quit instead. LOL

Let's say sometime in the middle of July, end of July... I think March would be a bit soon. ;) If this summer is not good for you guys, perhaps we can move it to sometime in Fall: Sept or Oct... Probably won't be a big get together, but at least we'll be able to meet some of the guys of CP.Let's hear what you think...Rod

I will defiently be there. I was going to go to the SoCal Hefr but I don't know too many people there (just Tim and Matt).I rather go to Vegas and meet the CP bunch.Please let's solidify dates as soon as possible so I can plan around work and another trip I have planned to Mexico (yes I did say Mexico):cool:

Gil, I hope your last post doesn't mean that you're not going to make it out to LA in June. I'll miss meeting ya' buddy! I would love to make it to the other one too, but I'm already getting grief for leaving my wife with the twins for 4 days to go to the SoCal herf. Oh well, she'll just have to get over it, LMAO

Gil you can stay at my house if it will help! Come out and play!!!!! You will meet some great people and smoke some great cigars!

Gil, It'll be great to meet you in person! :) I don't want to have any conflicts with the So. Cal herf though. I was thinking sometime early August. I will work on this, and try and secure a definate date soon. If August is no good, we can move it to Sept, or Oct. I'll keep you posted...

I'll make it to the SoCal herf ... God willing. Aldeady have my flashlight for those rolloing backouts :)
:cool:

Can we make it tomorrow? I think we are expecting anywhere from 16-22 inches of snow on monday!!! Im ready to see the sun again!!! What happened to global warming? It feels like the next ice age is coming!!!Actually sometine in augaust would work for me. if you can solidify a date Ill make some arrangements!!

Is this still in the works or did it die?? I need to book some flights!!!

I'm sorry I haven't set up any dates yet. I have been extremely busy with work, and haven't had much time to think about a time/hotel/etc... August seems to be the best month for everyone, so it'll be early August. I will work on cofirming a date. We'll stay on the strip. It's just a casual herf/get-together -- to meet each other, eat, smoke cigars, gamble, catch some "lounge acts", and best of all, get to know each other in person. I don't have any specific plans - like meeting at a cigar shop or anything - so far I'm just playing it by ear. I would like to set a place for Saturday night, where we all go out to dinner together (of course a cigar friendly restaurant/buffet). And maybe even see a show, if you guys are up to that too. That'd be fun. We'll plan the show part once August nears - don't know who will be up there in August. I think Saturday would be the BIG day for us. People will probably start arriving Friday/Friday night. We'll start meeting each other friday/friday night. All do stuff Saturday and Saturday night. And then Sunday, most of us would probably go back home. I'm thinking we tell the hotel how many people we're gonna have, and have them block off a row of rooms all on the same floor, so that way it'd be easy to meet each other, and go from there...  Maybe pitch in and get one suite too - just a thought, what do you think? I need your input. This will be my first "herf", so send me some suggestions.If you have any suggestions, please, I would like to hear them. I will get some prices for the hotel next week, or this week. Any preferences? Please let me know. Your feedback is very important so that we can make this a memorable event, and hopefully an annual event.Please send your thoughts to me via the CP Messenger, or better yet, post them here for everyone to see. Let's collaborate. If you're in the travel business and can get hotel room discounts, please let me know.Best Wishes, Rod

Idea!
The last week of August is LaborDay weekend.
That would give everyone an extra day to recuperate! Sound good?

I am in LA quite often on business. With enough advanced notice, I could probably schedule my time to come to a Cigar Pass herf. It would be a pleasure meeting the members!

***UPDATE***Here is what I'm thinking... The CP Herf will most likely be held the weekend of August 10-12. I checked out several hotel rates for that weekend, and the best I came up with was New York New York - for about &#36135 per night. I need to know who plans on attending, and if these dates are good for you. If you would rather stay at another hotel, please let me know soon. I need to call them and see if they can block off a set of rooms for us. The quicker I know who plans on attending, the quicker I can set a definate date, and have the hotel reserve some rooms. We can talk about what we'll do in Las Vegas later on - let's first set a definate date, and a definate hotel where we're gonna stay at. Maybe we can all pitch in and get one suite too - something to think about. So please let me know this week -- I know many of you have to get airplane tickets too, so from your feedback, I will be able to set a definate date. Like I said, August 10-12 sounds to be the best date so far.Rod

Quote: from cohibasurfer on 10:28 pm on Mar. 8, 2001
Idea!
The last week of August is LaborDay weekend.
That would give everyone an extra day to recuperate! Sound good?
Labor Day weekend might be good - if you don't mind the huge crowd and high hotel rates... That's the only problem with Labor Day Weekend - maybe it wouldn't be that. What do you guys think? I'll call up the hotel(s) and see what the rates would be. LET ME KNOW GUYS!!!Rod :)

I need to know who plans on attending the CP Get together. Please let me know asap, so we can start making arrangements. I also need to contact a hotel so we can reserve rooms.