• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars...Before or After Meals?

Do you enjoy cigars before or after meals?

• Total voters

Montagieu

Personally, I find that smoking before a meal really sensitizes my taste buds and makes the meal much more enjoyable. It's even better with wine since that helps cleanse the palate between bites. My favorite method is to enjoy a good cigar with a complex beer I have not tried before.

-Montagieu

I think it telling that two Italians voted before and after. No sense being puritanical about this. Anything worth doing is worth over doing.

Doc.

I usually have a cigar before a good meal with some alcoholic libation...it can range from beer to proseco to wine, but never liquor. After a good meal a cigar is a must. Usually pair it with a high ABV ale, scotch, rum, bourbon, cognac or port. On occasion I have had a cigar during a meal, but I have to say those instances haven't been truly enjoyable. The food tastes bland and somewhat off.

When there's a bash at my local lounge, I never put my cigar down to graze the buffet, so---before, during, and after it is. :laugh:

The only food I've found that doesn't go well with cigars is cake and ice cream.

~Boar

I don't really plan smokes around meals, but like it when I have one before, and also like it after. Although I'd probably prefer afterward. And I've gotten in the habit of having something sweet, like a cookie or Reese cup or something after I'm done a smoke... like a dessert. Mmm mmm!!!

I have to say both before & after. After is usually best. But sometimes the middle of the afternoon is perfect.

Really just about any time is the right time to enjoy a smoke. :thumbs:

It depends on the kind of meal... if it's just a normal meal, I usually won't have a cigar until a little while after. If it's a big dinner, especially at an event, I'll usually have a shorter, milder smoke- say, a Caibaguan Coronas Extras, JDN Celebracion Consul, or Epernay Le Grande- before dinner, cleanse with an aperitif, eat, then afterward have a bigger, richer cigar, more along the lines of a Liga Privada double corona or a LFD anything, with a heavier drink.

Big, social meals I'll smoke before and after if at all possible. Usually at home I smoke towards the evening anyways, and will put my cigar down to eat, and then resume.

As this year's Outlaw Padron Event showed again, cigars before, during and after the meal is the only way to go :)

- Tim