• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars for a special occasion

jepe

Hi guys.

My father is smoking cigars for years now,he was the one that got me into this hobby.
He is about to retire from is workplace after more then 45 years.
I want to surprise him with some fine stogies.
Any ideas?

He loves the robusto size if thats help.
Keep it under $300.

Quick question,what do you think is better?
A full box of cigars or 2 HTF singles that I'll doubt I ever buy.

If it were me, I'd get a couple of Padron 45 Years special cigars. I've had the 44th and the 40th and both were out of this world so while I've not had the 45th, it comes from good stock. I'd go the route of a couple of cigars to enjoy together rather than the box, but YMMV.

Since the Padron 45 comes in boxes of 10, that keeps the full box within your budget of $300, with some change.

A 10's box of Padrons sounds like a good plan and will defiantly be a change for him as he only smoke CC ,poor guy :whistling:

What is the main difference between these:
Padron 44th Maduro
Padron 45th Maduro
Padron 80th Maduro

They are all the same size..

They are all close in size, but different shapes.

44th is a torp 6 1/4 x 52
45th is a toro 6 x 52
80th is a perfecto 6 1/4 x 52

They are all fantastic. The 80th is one of the best cigars I have tasted, ever!

A 10's box of Padrons sounds like a good plan and will defiantly be a change for him as he only smoke CC ,poor guy :whistling:

What is the main difference between these:
Padron 44th Maduro
Padron 45th Maduro
Padron 80th Maduro

They are all the same size..

The 44th sucks.

The 45th Rocks.

The 80th Sucks.

Get a box of the 45th (Maduro) or wait for the 46th...but the 45th is hard to beat...

~brooks

The 80th is wonderful, much better than the 45th for me. The filler tobacco has to be laced with crack they're so good.

Just my opinion, of course :)

To me, the 44th was bland, and had little of the pepper that makes the Padrons great...

**shrug**

~brooks

Fair enough. I think you're the first person (besides that long haired hippie kid) that has ever said anything bad about the 80th.

I forgot to add that while I disagree with Brooks on the 80th, I concur on the 44th. Just didn't do it for me.

I forgot to add that while I disagree with Brooks on the 80th, I concur on the 44th. Just didn't do it for me.

Did you smoke one of the 44's back when you could only get them at a Padron event, or did you have the ones that are now regular production? I only ask because I had two of the one's from the event and thought they were great, but I haven't bought any since they became a full time release cigar. Wonder if the blend changed, or something else happened to these?

Did you smoke one of the 44's back when you could only get them at a Padron event, or did you have the ones that are now regular production? I only ask because I had two of the one's from the event and thought they were great, but I haven't bought any since they became a full time release cigar. Wonder if the blend changed, or something else happened to these?

That is a good question...I smoked a few of the event 44ths, and did not like them that much, but they were better then the Reg Production 44th, if that makes sense...

Hope that helps!

~brooks

These were purchased at the local shop and not part of a Padron event (and I never smoked one of those), so I don't know.

I guess this is the perfect example of smoke what you like. I'll stick with the Padron 44's and 80ths, and you guys can have the Lost City cigars. Works for all of us. :laugh:

I guess this is the perfect example of smoke what you like. I'll stick with the Padron 44's and 80ths, and you guys can have the Lost City cigars. Works for all of us. :laugh:
You got a hidden stash of the event-only 44's? ???

The 44th is a regular production cigar now?? ??? I knew about the 40ths, the 80ths, and the 45s, but not the 44s.