• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars I'll never smoke!

4cbln3

WTF are skin tags?!
I was going through my stock putting away some sticks that are one off and deserve a place in my wooden desktop humis. Not that they are the most valuable, just that they are the most sentimental of my sticks.

I KNOW that no matter what happens I will not smoke,trade,gift, or barter them away. They are (2) Camacho Corojos that are the last of my FIRST EVER box purchase. I thought the world of these heavy hitters in my initial smoking days.

The other cigar is a Guantanamera Cristales tubo that a retired Battalion Chief gave me when I worked as his aide. He probably had it for I don't know how long stored in an old cigar box. He doesn't know cigars other than it's fun to dip the tip into his cognac when he drinks and smokes after golf. :laugh: yeh, that kind of smoker!

I didn't know these would be my most sentimental cigars out of the assortment I have, but after 3 years these are gonna stay with me for a looooong time!

What's your story?

I think this is the first time in my life that I don't have a story. Doc's rule #6: Don't become intimate with consumables.

Doc.

To say that you will never smoke them.......

I have a few sentimental stick but I smoke them. They add to the spectacularness of the event, or they are the event!! Good luck with saving those hopefully you will get to smoke them before it is to late.

I think some the most sentimental cigars I've had were from Brian (Infinity), which I only have one left that will be smoked next Thanksgiving. I can't see keeping cigars other than wanting to let them age. The sentiment of a special cigar to me is to smoke it and relish the moment; savor the smoke and remember it always.

I think some the most sentimental cigars I've had were from Brian (Infinity), which I only have one left that will be smoked next Thanksgiving. I can't see keeping cigars other than wanting to let them age. The sentiment of a special cigar to me is to smoke it and relish the moment; savor the smoke and remember it always.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Well put Greg!

Read the quote from Infinity I have as my sig tag. I have some cigars for a special occasion, but I plan on smoking them when those occasions come up.

I think we all have sentimental cigars or the like. His choice not to smoke these cigars is his alone and I don't hear him saying that he is 'never going to smoke' a cigar that all of us would envy if he did. Camacho Corojo and Guantanamera Cristales (poorly kept) are not exactly hot commodities around here.

I have two cigars that are the ancient artifacts of my early cigar smoking days. I do not intend to smoke either of them. I might smoke them or I might not. They are fun to have. They are worthy of conversation. But, frankly, if I am looking to get all sentimental about something, smoking a VERY OLD H. Upmann Panetela Cristal or an EVEN OLDER La Unica 100 is not really going to get my mouth watering. I have better cigars. These are just ones that have survived. Now, I could imagine reasons that would prompt me to light these cigars but it's not going to be done in the singular pursuit of great smoking enjoyment. They don't entice me from a pleasure perspective but they are worth keeping around because, well, i have had them for close to 20 years.

In a different category, I do have some cigars and libations that are earmarked for certain specific occasions in the future. Notably, I have a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel that was bottled on January 29, 1997 that will be consumed when my beloved Kentucky Wildcats finally defeat the loathsome Tennessee Volunteers in football. (Missed field goals in overtime; turnovers in the red zone; defense playing touch football instead of tackle [INSERT REQUEST FOR TREY TO SHAKE TINY FIST AT UK FOOTBALL PLAYERS])

Nope...I have no sentimental cigars. I've always lived my life by the motto to buy the best I can afford and enjoy. It doesn't matter if its Scotch, Cigars, Coffee, Beer or any thing else you want to buy. You can apply this motto to it. Been saying that since I was a teenager and putting it to practice ever since. :laugh: Now 20+ years later, I am still doing this. Ever since the first Neurologist in 1999 to 2000 and the other 2 Neurosurgeons before 2002 said the same thing. One day you will wake up to never walk again. Thus, I smoke the best cigar every day I smoke. I don't care how rare it is, I will torch it in a heart beat. So I have no sentimental cigars.

I have a Fauxhiba barber pole cigar that I won't ever smoke . . . :whistling:

No, really, I do, and my not smoking it IS for sentimental reasons---my best friend's father, who we introduced to the world of cigars beyond 'Black & Milds' was all excited about having scored some "real Cooobans" and sent two of them with Thomas when he came down to visit, for us to smoke together.

I sent some, aaaah, better selections back, but that goofy thing has a place of honor in my humi. :D

~Boar

Nope...I have no sentimental cigars. I've always lived my life by the motto to buy the best I can afford and enjoy. It doesn't matter if its Scotch, Cigars, Coffee, Beer or any thing else you want to buy. You can apply this motto to it. Been saying that since I was a teenager and putting it to practice ever since. :laugh: Now 20+ years later, I am still doing this. Ever since the first Neurologist in 1999 to 2000 and the other 2 Neurosurgeons before 2002 said the same thing. One day you will wake up to never walk again. Thus, I smoke the best cigar every day I smoke. I don't care how rare it is, I will torch it in a heart beat. So I have no sentimental cigars.

Why don't you go ahead and send me all of Carlito's Secret Stash since they have no sentimental value to you Loren. :sign:

Punk Lawyer summed up what I was trying to get at. I didn't think I'd have any sentimental cigars when I first started smoking, but after a while those 3 cigars are what I will always give space for. They are cheap, old, and would not be the ones I smoke before the Zombie Apocalypse hits, but I do like knowing they are there.

Now I know why lawyers have a place in my world! Thanks Stu!
tongue.gif

Read the quote from Infinity I have as my sig tag. I have some cigars for a special occasion, but I plan on smoking them when those occasions come up.

That is intense. Although I never had the chance to meet him, I'll light something great up today in his honor.

Thanks.

Anybody else have cigars that for some reason or another take up space in your humi that has a sentimental story behind which you probably won't ever smoke?

Im planning on 1 Love Story for every 5 years of marriage, if she's nice enough to stick with me that long.

If it's sentimental, save the band as a remembrance of how great the cigar was.

I have two cigars left from my first box purchase a few years ago (Plasencia's Cuba Libre Epicures). Before then, it was all singles and bundles. I imagine I'll smoke one of them, but I like seeing them when I rummage through my collection. While I understand the 'Smoke your best cigar every day' philosophy, I certainly don't adhere to it. I don't just enjoy smoking cigars, I enjoy collecting them as well. Otherwise, I wouldn't have so many!

If it's sentimental, save the band as a remembrance of how great the cigar was.

Better yet...Review it and write a post about it. There is nothing better than smoking a cigar that so many are afraid to smoke. I know nothing about this at all. Its a good thing that my Disability income is so low or I'd have a bigger collection of HTF cigars to just put a flame to it and review. :laugh:

other than the multitudes of cigars I have collected that it will take me years to smoke, I have but one that I am really waiting on. I searched for, and was gifted (thank you you-know-who) a Fuente 'Twin Towers'. I will only smoke it when they show osama bin laden's bullet ridden body, or announce they found his long dead remains- in honor of my 343 fallen brothers. I do have a couple of cigars set aside for when certain BOTL come up and go fishing, but I don't count those in this category simply because I still have them only due to their laziness in wanting to come up and go fishing! :laugh:

Since I am just starting to smoke I have been buying my husband special cigars for memorable occasions. I don't know if he keeps the bands (great suggestion Rod) but I know he sure does keep memories of the smokes. Next milestone is Navy ODS graduation on Friday and this time I have one for BOTH of us (thanks to some great CigarPass guys!!). I kinda agree that cigars are meant to be smoked! But I am a sentimental nut so who knows if I had a really special one it might be hard to strike the match.