• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars in the mail!

FroOchie

A new brother to me sent an array of cigars as a thank you well above and beyond one I ever needed. Thank you so much Rich! @stogie fan

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
"

- LFD Double Ligero Maduro Digger
- Foundation Tabernacle Havana Seed Dbl Corona #142
- LFD Litto Gomez Small batch #7
- LFD Double Ligero Lancero
- Foundation Tabernacle Havana Seed Lancero
- CAO La Traviata Maduro Divino

These will keep me preoccupied a good while, thanks again Rich!

Attachments

• IMG_3633.jpg
    IMG_3633.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 13
Nice bomb, and welcome (again) to CP!

FYI -- and, no harm/no foul, just general etiquette info to know -- Getting bombed is one of the most heartwarming things that can happen; it makes you realize that others are thinking of you. However, for various reasons, we typically don't post the actual contents of the gift publicly. That is between you and the sender. A humorous "thank you" thread is always appreciated when someone sends you something, but photos and inventories are discouraged. Reciprocation with the sender is generally not expected, though "Pass It Forward" is the mantra around here. You may not have the means to do so now, but perhaps someday you will. When you find yourself in position to do so, and there is someone whose day you feel like brightening, you can send something their way sometime in the future. There is no hard and fast rule on this -- If can, can. If no can, no can. Sharing cigars with someone unsolicited is a gift that comes from the heart.

Don't feel bad about this minor oopsie. Many of us (me included!) have done this before, and have been told the same. There's a thread around here, which I'm sure someone will link to, that I wish would finally get a sticky. It explains quite succinctly why posting bomb contents is frowned upon. I'll see if I can find it in a bit if no one has gotten to it yet. Again, welcome to CP. Smoke what you like / Like what you smoke!

*EDIT* grammar

Last edited:

FYI -- and, no harm/no foul, just general etiquette info to know -- Getting bombed is one of the most heartwarming things that can happen; it makes you realize that others are thinking of you. However, for various reasons, we typically don't post the actual contents of the gift publicly. That is between you and the sender. A humorous "thank you" thread is always appreciated when someone sends you something, but photos and inventories are discouraged. Reciprocation with the sender is generally not expected, though "Pass It Forward" is the mantra around here. You may not have the means to do so now, but perhaps someday you will. When you find yourself in position to do so, and there is someone whose day you feel like brightening, you can send something there way sometime in the future. There is no hard and fast rule on this -- If can, can. If no can, no can. Sharing cigars with someone unsolicited is a gift that comes from the heart.

Don't feel bad about this minor oopsie. Many of us (me included!) have done this before, and have been told the same. There's a thread around here, which I'm sure someone will link to, that I wish would finally get a sticky. It explains quite succinctly why posting bomb contents is frowned upon. I'll see if I can find it in a bit if no one has gotten to it yet. Again, welcome to CP. Smoke what you like / Like what you smoke!

@smellysell .... this is communication. ;-)
Nicely done and worded @kann. I recently and unknowingly just posted some pics of another brothers end of a trade after I received it, because it had some nice looking cigars. Anyway I do think this unwritten mantra should be pinned and easy to find for the noobs and old dogs alike that need to learn new tricks. Again thanks for the explanation and help to get along with the FOG's.

@smellysell .... this is communication. ;-)
Nicely done and worded @kann. I recently and unknowingly just posted some pics of another brothers end of a trade after I received it, because it had some nice looking cigars. Anyway I do think this unwritten mantra should be pinned and easy to find for the noobs and old dogs alike that need to learn new tricks. Again thanks for the explanation and help to get along with the FOG's.

I agree on pinning it. I've been lobbying for that every time this comes up!

A new brother to me sent an array of cigars as a thank you well above and beyond one I ever needed. Thank you so much Rich!

Here's a quote from @SamClemmons that sums up why we don't post bomb contents:

SamClemmons said:

"Am I the only one that has issues with people saying exactly what was sent to them or what they sent? I think this is bad form. There was a time here and elsewhere when folks simply voiced there appreciation for an unexpected "bomb" by saying thank you and then qualifying their thank you with things like... I am floored . . . You were way to generous . . . I can never repay you . . . Are you insane. . . Above and beyond . . . Incredible. . . and the like to express their thoughts on the generosity of the sender.

The reason for the anonymity of the contents of a bomb or trade is really quite simple. There are folks who are more generous with some people than they are with others. There are people with deep pockets and those for whom the bottom line is much closer. Maybe a guy is friends with someone off line and decides to crush his friend with premium sticks or maybe he just likes someone and sends a little something. The point here is that if the contents of a bomb or trade is openly discussed it puts an unfair pressure on the sender or receiver to duplicate their generosity with the next guy. It also makes this person a target for guys to bomb with the expectation that this generous person will reciprocate in the same way as he/she did previously. I know what you're going to say. "When people send bombs out they don't really expect the person they bomb to reciprocate." All I can say to this is, CRAP. I'm not saying that there are not people here that are selfless (a few come to mind) but many folks are expecting exactly that, a return gesture. I see people bombing guys that are known to be extremely generous yet they've never had any kind interaction with these people other than snagging their address which has forced more than a few of these generous souls to pull their contact information from their profiles. I don't think the newer guys should be told to bomb this fellow or that fellow because they "won't be sorry". Let them learn themselves like everyone else. After they've been here awhile they'll know, but not before they've made the effort and paid there dues through interaction......."

SamClemmons said:

"Am I the only one that has issues with people saying exactly what was sent to them or what they sent? I think this is bad form. There was a time here and elsewhere when folks simply voiced there appreciation for an unexpected "bomb" by saying thank you and then qualifying their thank you with things like... I am floored . . . You were way to generous . . . I can never repay you . . . Are you insane. . . Above and beyond . . . Incredible. . . and the like to express their thoughts on the generosity of the sender.

The reason for the anonymity of the contents of a bomb or trade is really quite simple. There are folks who are more generous with some people than they are with others. There are people with deep pockets and those for whom the bottom line is much closer. Maybe a guy is friends with someone off line and decides to crush his friend with premium sticks or maybe he just likes someone and sends a little something. The point here is that if the contents of a bomb or trade is openly discussed it puts an unfair pressure on the sender or receiver to duplicate their generosity with the next guy. It also makes this person a target for guys to bomb with the expectation that this generous person will reciprocate in the same way as he/she did previously. I know what you're going to say. "When people send bombs out they don't really expect the person they bomb to reciprocate." All I can say to this is, CRAP. I'm not saying that there are not people here that are selfless (a few come to mind) but many folks are expecting exactly that, a return gesture. I see people bombing guys that are known to be extremely generous yet they've never had any kind interaction with these people other than snagging their address which has forced more than a few of these generous souls to pull their contact information from their profiles. I don't think the newer guys should be told to bomb this fellow or that fellow because they "won't be sorry". Let them learn themselves like everyone else. After they've been here awhile they'll know, but not before they've made the effort and paid there dues through interaction......."
What about trades? Is it also something you shouldn't show?

What about trades? Is it also something you shouldn't show?

Personally (this is just my opinion and how I approach it -- certainly not codified by any means that I know of), unless a specific transaction is made, where both parties know exactly what is inside when opening the box on either end, I stay as vague as possible. Maybe something about, "Thanks for the tagalongs with the recent XXXX I got off of you. Totally not necessary!", if there are any unexpected riders in the package. IMHnoobO, anything with an in-kind transaction is fair game. You paid for it in some way, you are owed it (I would never discuss prices agreed upon -- that should remain between the two of you). If anyone else feels bad they didn't get the same cigars, they can pay up, too! Anything extra falls under bomb/gift etiquette.

Again, just the way I personally approach it.

SamClemmons said:

I agree 1000% with what SamClemmons said.

Think of it this way.............maybe you are toying with the idea of bombing someone just because you think they deserve it, and all you can really afford is a few nice sticks. If photos and inventory of some of the weapons of mass destruction are posted it could discourage you from sending your little gift which defeats the entire purpose of what @Rod started way back when.

Saved me from digging up Sam's post and quoting it. Sam's post is timeless and well worth noting. Couldn't agree more.

Trades are often lopsided for the same reasons mentioned in that post. IMHO a thank you, maybe a "you're out of control" or "that was too much" or something similar is proper recognition.

As they say, one man's opinion.....

FYI -- and, no harm/no foul, just general etiquette info to know -- Getting bombed is one of the most heartwarming things that can happen; it makes you realize that others are thinking of you. However, for various reasons, we typically don't post the actual contents of the gift publicly. That is between you and the sender. A humorous "thank you" thread is always appreciated when someone sends you something, but photos and inventories are discouraged. Reciprocation with the sender is generally not expected, though "Pass It Forward" is the mantra around here. You may not have the means to do so now, but perhaps someday you will. When you find yourself in position to do so, and there is someone whose day you feel like brightening, you can send something their way sometime in the future. There is no hard and fast rule on this -- If can, can. If no can, no can. Sharing cigars with someone unsolicited is a gift that comes from the heart.

*EDIT* grammar

Without being too personal, one of my biggest job responsibilities is teaching the people that work in my company with me... the rules. Why, what, and how we do what we do. Sometimes, like now, someone disagrees with the rules for whatever reason.

Like all of you, I have real world problems. None of those problems are how I thank someone for their generosity. The concept of not showing a gift is foreign to me and though you are eloquent in your explanation of the forum rules, they are not the rules for me.

Because of what I do, I never fault the person nor do I fault the organization. People can and should believe what they want and organizations can choose how they conduct themselves. Both parties need to agree or part ways, no harm... no foul.

After reading SamClemmons post I've made my decision to find another board. His sentiment reads to me as coveting, another idea I don't spend energy on. For instance, I've never looked at gifts from a parent to their child and wished I could afford to do the same. Worse, I would never have that affect how I give a gift. Gifts solely about monetary value aren't gifts in my mind. The cash value of what was sent to me is not something I've looked into and I'm not sure what the going rate for what I sent him was either. The only value I calculated in my mind was the act of his kindness. If someone reading the post wants to tabulate costs in their mind and then get in their feels, that's on them.

Call me old fashioned but I sent a gift and he sent a thank you and I left it at that. Forums have existed for quite some time and a good majority of them are picture centric. If you say its nice outside, someone inevitably wants a picture to see for themselves. If anyone was offended, I do apologize as hopefully it is clear, that was not my intent.

Rest assured, I don't feel bad about the oops at all. More so I feel for the people that come here new and are completely turned off by rules. Forum boards and I go back 20 plus years, all of them have their nuances that cultivate the community they want. We all still have our choices and we all still have our cigars, so I see this as a win win.

Goodspeed all, I don't feel bad and I hope none of you reading this does either. Do good for people and good will come back to you.

Rest assured, I don't feel bad about the oops at all. More so I feel for the people that come here new and are completely turned off by rules. Forum boards and I go back 20 plus years, all of them have their nuances that cultivate the community they want.
...and the rules that are in place are there for reasons, the suggestions made by the people here are to keep things running so that we do have the community we all want. Based on experience over time, and nothing personal. I'm sorry you feel that's too much to handle. Your loss.

I like the this. I like that if you don't enjoy the rules, you will move on. I like that did it with class and decency. I like that you didn't resort to ugliness. I like that you took the time to explain yourself.

What I wish, is that you could see it from the angle that others presented.

Hey Lee, sorry I got you in trouble; I promise I won't ever send you any more cigars. 🤣
I understand your POV & that's cool.

I understand CP has it's policies & member 'kann' laid it all out nicely :cool: without taking away the stogies I sent along to you. :D

So, hopefully you will stick around here Lee & we'll all just fire up a stick & chillax like the cigar addicts that we all are. 😂

over & out ..................

@FroOchie your overreacting!!! With that said, I hope you find somewhere to post your pictures.... maybe try Flickr or PhotoNet...

"My loss" from Blinded, "something so small" from H. Vachon and "Over reacting" from Texas... guys, I believe you have me wrong here. My preference to be in place where I'm most comfortable isn't a loss, something small or an over reaction. Its simply a preference. If I blasted you guys or was sarcastic, making a scene or whatever, you would all have a point.

Instead, I'm gracefully bowing out because I prefer to hang out in place where I'm not second guessing a post that may or may not be allowed. This isn't at all too much for me to handle, its just a structure I'm not comfortable with.

If anyone has it most accurately, its CigarStone. He has my take exactly. "I don't like it, I said it respectfully and I know where to find the door". His reply is the perfect interpretation of how I would have read into all of this too.

You are all comfortable here and its not my intent to disrupt that. You have found a place you like and to me that's awesome. Thinking I'm overreacting for things too granular or losing something when I'm trying to find that same comfort is an issue I hope you guys see past. If not, I still don't think any less of you and I'm still not bitter about the situation.

Trust me guys, I don't walk past the Vanilla ice cream making fun while I bee line to Chocolate. There is a palate for both and good reasons to like the two. However, I still prefer the Chocolate.

Initially I was asked to come back and read the thread to see if something would make me see differently from your replies. Reading your responses, I'm not sure that's anyone's intent and hopefully now you guys can tell my intent isn't for validation. As I've mentioned, I see us all as winners. We live in a world with both a Lombardi Trophy and a Stanley Cup. The NFL wont let you dance in the end zone because its seen as tasteless. The NHL wont let you continue to pummel a guy after he's fallen but films and televises the entire thing. The world is a spectrum and we all land somewhere on that bow.

Thank you all

I don’t think anyone thought you were disrespectful. If anything, you e handled yourself gracefully. Just hate to see someone leave over not sharing specifics of a bomb. I understand it is difficult not to share when you think someone deserves credit. I did the exact same thing on my first bomb. I’m just trying to say you’re walking away from one of the most generous communities you’ll ever find. You may not perceive it this way, but we’re trying to get you to stay, not push you out. But the choice is yours

I'm a bit confused myself: allow me to esplain, as 'Ricky' Ricardo would state.

I have been attempting to learn from the CP web site & I wondered upon this thread.
https://www.cigarpass.com/community...-pay-it-forward-2.44982/page-118#post-1321032

I was confused for more than one reason.
(1) blind reviews are posted in a different thread. WTF?
(2) everyone gets to post pics of cigars they receive :confused: even when that's a no-no, depending on which thread (reality) you're in.

Then, after many pages of perusing the thread I said, "GIMME." :D

Then, I have a member say something about a 4 month rule. Oh crap; I gonna cwy so much now.

I must say, I thought this place was becoming a bit less challenging than me feeling like Klatuu in The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Lee, I'm thinking folks need an engineering degree to discern the rules here but maybe I'll figure it out?
I got it: FLOW CHART Required for CP rules interpretation. o_O

Save me some of that chocolatty ice creams; I need some to go wit ma Anejo #77 bro.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone thought you were disrespectful. If anything, you e handled yourself gracefully. Just hate to see someone leave over not sharing specifics of a bomb. I understand it is difficult not to share when you think someone deserves credit. I did the exact same thing on my first bomb. I’m just trying to say you’re walking away from one of the most generous communities you’ll ever find. You may not perceive it this way, but we’re trying to get you to stay, not push you out. But the choice is yours

Perhaps I wasn't clear there. It wasn't specifically the bomb, its more about the multitude of rules. Reading through some of the forums you see many times the first reply to a thread is... "Hey that's against the rules". They exist for a reason here on the forums, I get it. That's not what I'm looking for though. What I look for is a place a little bit more loose.

You're confusion also sums it up for me Rich. Where I hang out doesn't require me to consider anything other than who has my drink, who has a lighter and where may I sit? Typically I'm not the one who's too Jimmy Buffet for the crowd but today I am. It's cool either way.

Perhaps I wasn't clear there. It wasn't specifically the bomb, its more about the multitude of rules. Reading through some of the forums you see many times the first reply to a thread is... "Hey that's against the rules". They exist for a reason here on the forums, I get it. That's not what I'm looking for though. What I look for is a place a little bit more loose.

You're confusion also sums it up for me Rich. Where I hang out doesn't require me to consider anything other than who has my drink, who has a lighter and where may I sit? Typically I'm not the one who's too Jimmy Buffet for the crowd but today I am. It's cool either way.
You do you buddy, kudos for handling it gracefully. But there is a reason this cigar from is so different from all others and rules and self moderation are a big part of it. Of you putbin the time and hang around you will soon know what's allowed and not. Also rules on activity and time on forum are there for a reason and it is to protect everyone and so no one takes advantage of this forum.

guys, if someone could post the same response to them as before but with different wording, it may help. 4th time is the charm