• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Clash of the Titans

Yeahthatsme

Watched the 3d last night. Was, in my opinion, terrible. If you're on the fence at all about seeing it, give it a pass. Terrible story, weak action scenes and bad acting.

Watched the 3d last night. Was, in my opinion, terrible. If you're on the fence at all about seeing it, give it a pass. Terrible story, weak action scenes and bad acting.

I take it you are not a fan of Red Dawn then?

I still have no idea why it needed to be remade. The original was a classic.

Man I was looking forward to this too. It has a 78% on flixster

What do you think of the original? I like it but it's very campy. It tried to be an '80s version of Jason and the Argonauts. The special effects are all stop motion. Good for the time but still pretty cheesy. I really want to see the new version but if you say it's crap then I might avoid it.

I also saw it but in 2D, I thought it wasn't even worth the $7 I spent on it. It didn't need to be remade and the only action in the movie was on the previews, so if you saw the commercials or trailer you've seen the movie in my opinion! :angry:

Meh. Not that bad, but I didn't pay to see it. Definitely seen worse. The only thing I didn't care for was the same thing I don't care for in most fantasy & action movies these days...the CG effects. All the fight scenes were that jiggy motion camera CG effect. I hate it. The rest of the movie was OK I guess. It was pretty true to the original which leads us right back to...why did we do this?

On another note, one of my kids had a birthday and wanted to go with his buddys. I bought the tix online and dropped them off but no deal. They wouldn't let them in after 8:00 without an adult. I raised hell with the mgr 'cause there were no notices online when I paid for everything. I wound up staying and he let me in free. Stupid rule though.

G-

Meh. Not that bad, but I didn't pay to see it. Definitely seen worse. The only thing I didn't care for was the same thing I don't care for in most fantasy & action movies these days...the CG effects. All the fight scenes were that jiggy motion camera CG effect. I hate it. The rest of the movie was OK I guess. It was pretty true to the original which leads us right back to...why did we do this?

On another note, one of my kids had a birthday and wanted to go with his buddys. I bought the tix online and dropped them off but no deal. They wouldn't let them in after 8:00 without an adult. I raised hell with the mgr 'cause there were no notices online when I paid for everything. I wound up staying and he let me in free. Stupid rule though.

G-

Yeah some theaters have that rule. Some don't allow people under 17 in after 8 at all, adult or not.

Also, just to put my opinion of the movie into perspective, I haven't seen the original, and I got paid to watch it, if that helps at all.

The movie was actually made in 2d and converted to 3d.

-Mark

The movie was actually made in 2d and converted to 3d.

-Mark

Yeah I had assumed as much from seeing it. There wasn't really any of the standard 3d stuff to it, just some digitally augmented backgrounds and whatnot.

Watched it yesterday. Didn't care for much of it. The graphics were better than the original, but the original is still the best.

I actually enjoyed this movie. I'm such a rebel I know. I tend to enjoy the remakes, probably because I'm young enough to not remember the original so I don't try to compare it to the original. As a standalone movie it was pretty average I'd say. Wasn't any iron man but I don't regret watching it.

Got it on Netflix a while back (blue ray version)
watched it the night after me and the wife watched the OG

Guess what one we liked the best.......Old School Rules!!!!

Was there even a store in the remake......

Tim

I like a lot of movies and have one hell of a collection. I would be hard pressed to pick it up at Walmart when it will be in the $5 bin. But I will probably make an exception on this one when it is $5.

I'm watching it right now on my computer... its pretty bad but quite normal for an action flick. I just about shat a brick when hunter dude gives Percius the scorpion shield and says, "very rare and high quality item." I was like, "WTF am I watching, live action Titan Quest?"