• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cobra legend Caroll Shelby Died today RIP Brother

Any loss is difficult, this one is a hard hit....

Read that when I woke up this morning. I had no idea he accomplished so much earlier on in his life. Didn't know he was a WWII pilot, either.

RIP, Mr. Shelby.

I don't quite know if I can put this into words, which, given that I am in fact a wordsmith, is a bit of an admission of some kind, or perhaps simply a recognition of the enormity and importance of the moment.

There are men who are iconic, who are legendary, who are emblematic of something that, in my opinion, is all too obviously fading from our modern lives.

Men who BUILD SHIT. Men who GET STUFF DONE.

Carroll Shelby. Chuck Yeager. Steve McQueen. Richard Branson. Men like that.

Neil Degrasse Tyson talks about the failure of imagination in American society, how our abandonment of space has put a de facto end to the NEXT generation of engineers and physicists and adventurers and doers. How it's made our future smaller to the point of nonexistence.

And everytime we lose someone like Caroll Shelby . . . I am reminded of that. We'll not see his like again soon. And we shall be all the poorer for it.

~Boar

He did have a good run. 89

R.I.P.

He sure did and lived an amazing life...innovator, WWII pilot and I believe he was also one of the longest living recipients of a heart transplant...He will be missed.

There are men who are iconic, who are legendary, who are emblematic of something that, in my opinion, is all too obviously fading from our modern lives.

Men who BUILD SHIT. Men who GET STUFF DONE.

Carroll Shelby. Chuck Yeager. Steve McQueen. Richard Branson. Men like that.....

Agreed. Well said.

And, there isn't a gear head worthy of the name that hasn't looked at an AC Cobra and thought....."...damn. Nicely done...."

There are guys that make things happen, guys that watch things happen, and guys that wonder what the frak happened. Mr. Shelby was one of the former, not the latter.

Rest in peace, Carroll....you will be missed.