• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coffee that doesn't suck...

I've tried several of your grocery variety coffee and they all pretty much taste like...poop. What's some decent coffee to try? Discuss.

Try local roasters or some online roasters. Look at the taste scales and see what you like...but like cigars, try a LOT!

I like Tanzania Peaberry...it's a staple.

Simple answer there - I start most days with Killer Beans. He's a regular poster here, and frequently runs specials for us here in the forums. I haven't found anything I like better, to be sure.

Marques de Paiva. Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Rainforest Alliance Approved. Fourth generation family owned company supporting village co-ops in Brazil. Plus it's available in the grocery store and makes a great cuppa joe. Medium or French roast.

Online, I like Arbuckle's Ariosa and Kansas City Dark.

~Boar

Depends on what you like.

Going to Costa Rica every so often I always brought some coffee back with me. I discovered I don't really like CR coffee.

Peaberry is where it is at. Check out Jerry, from KillerBeans. I just emailed about why he hasn't posted any specails lately, he said not reason and filled my order.

I will be enjoying the Tanzanian Peaberry this morning.

Enjoy

x2 on the Killer Beans. Electric Chair Espresso is the bomb.

For my everyday coffee needs I usually go to LaVazza or Illy. There's freak websites out there just like us, but devoted to coffee believe it or not. CoffeeGeek.com I believe is one of them, probably tons of good info there.

Cafe Britt (green bag) is some of the best commercial production stuff i've found

First things first! What method are you using to brew your beans?

Even the best coffee in the world will taste like crap if you are using a crusty Mr. Coffee drip and a poor water source. :p

Even the best coffee in the world will taste like crap if you are using a crusty Mr. Coffee drip and a poor water source. :p

Hot water, a sock and a Mason jar.

Makes me wonder, though. Some of the best coffee I've had was boiled in a pot at a family house in Mexico, and we all know (or have heard) the state of water in Mexico. I think at a point we all tend to overthink things and lose objectivity.

Some may sneer, but some of the better coffee I'e had has been from Gevalia. Sure, it's mass produced mail order stuff, but it's quite good. Their Royal Vinter blend is solid. I usually keep some of their pumpkin spice on hand and add a dash of that to their signature blend. Adds a nice spiced flavor.

I have tried Gerry's Killer Beans and while I could appreciate their top quality, it was a bit too much for me. I like my coffee a bit more mild and tame.

You can go hunting for rare spectacular beans, or you can try Peet's and set up regular deliveries.

They roast your coffee a day before it ships and each batch is slightly different just like the cigars we smoke.

There is truth in the quality of the water and how it's brewed. It's all objective to your tastes, if you've had amazing coffee it's hard to go back to anything less.

Drink what you like, and like what you drink!

Cafe Britt (green bag) is some of the best commercial production stuff i've found

I love Cafe Britt. My faves are the organic shade grown and the Poas. Good stuff. I also enjoy 100% Kona, as well. I need to try some Killer beans, too. Santa is supposed to bring me a new grinder this Christmas for my french press. If he does, then I will have to give the Tanzanian Peaberry a try.

You can buy a French Press for about twenty bucks. Try that once, you won't use any other method.

Edited.....well, OK, maybe Espresso....

Wife and I use a french press as well, it makes about the best coffee around. We've ran tons of coffee through it, but I think my favorite (store bought) is Dunkin Donuts. I know, go ahead and throw stones, but it's good.