• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo I Review

joltikintokyo

Hi all, I have been waiting a while for the Cohiba Siglo I I ordered to arrive and it finally did. I am smoking that today. It's a nice day, very sunny, so hopefully it will be an enjoyable experience.
The Cohiba Siglo I is a Cuban cigar with a ring gage of 40, it is a petit Corona. It is a medium strength cigar, the colour is Colorado Claro. Let's try it!
The first third of the cigar was characterised by a lot of flavour, mostly a bitter flavour. It had some other notes I could not quite identify.
In the second third, the cigar became smoother, and I noted that it was smoother than a lot of cigars I tried. The flavour toned down, although it was still generally bitter.
The last third of the cigar found it becoming more smokey. It had some spicy notes in the last few draws. I put it down at this point.
Overall, I would rate it 60 points put of 100. It wasn't a bad cigar, but it wasn't really my thing either. I thought trying a Cohiba would be really exciting but it did not end that way. The main reason I wasn't excited was the flavour, it was mostly a bitter flavour, nothing particularly tasty or unique. Thanks for reading my post, hope y'all have a good day!

Attachments

• 20220618_155843.jpg
    20220618_155843.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220618_160301.jpg
    20220618_160301.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 14
When you say flavor , what is the flavor? Vinegar, hay , barnyard, pepper, chocolate, ect...

Saying flavor doesn't tell the reader anything

@Eqwhipped just posted a grear review.
Thanks Nate!

And yes, I agree, when you say bitter try to expand on that. Lots of things are bitter/sour lemon, white wine, or salt are examples.

The Cohiba Siglo I is a Perla, shorter than a Petit Corona, and with a ring gauge of 42.

The one thing I have never had in a “real” Cohiba is bitterness.
I would think the bitterness they are getting is because its fresh and probably in a sick period right?

What is that band on your cigar? Did the vendor you bought it from put that on, or did you? I think Bill alluded to what I am also fearful of. Is it real? Cohiba are the most counterfeited cigars and Canada is full of them. No shame in it if it was. I had it happen to me and I didn’t know. Thought I had the real thing, and couldn’t understand why everyone thought Cuban Cohiba’s were so great.

What is that band on your cigar? Did the vendor you bought it from put that on, or did you? I think Bill alluded to what I am also fearful of. Is it real? Cohiba are the most counterfeited cigars and Canada is full of them. No shame in it if it was. I had it happen to me and I didn’t know. Thought I had the real thing, and couldn’t understand why everyone thought Cuban Cohiba’s were so great.

Canadian guvment now requires generic bands.

Too many Karen's complained that their children mistook premium cigars for candy and would binge on box after box of Cohibas.

Or some shit.

Hi all, I have been waiting a while for the Cohiba Siglo I I ordered to arrive and it finally did. I am smoking that today. It's a nice day, very sunny, so hopefully it will be an enjoyable experience.
The Cohiba Siglo I is a Cuban cigar with a ring gage of 40, it is a petit Corona. It is a medium strength cigar, the colour is Colorado Claro. Let's try it!
The first third of the cigar was characterised by a lot of flavour, mostly a bitter flavour. It had some other notes I could not quite identify.
In the second third, the cigar became smoother, and I noted that it was smoother than a lot of cigars I tried. The flavour toned down, although it was still generally bitter.
The last third of the cigar found it becoming more smokey. It had some spicy notes in the last few draws. I put it down at this point.
Overall, I would rate it 60 points put of 100. It wasn't a bad cigar, but it wasn't really my thing either. I thought trying a Cohiba would be really exciting but it did not end that way. The main reason I wasn't excited was the flavour, it was mostly a bitter flavour, nothing particularly tasty or unique. Thanks for reading my post, hope y'all have a good day!
You are getting better. Lots of good feed back here too. I am going to interpret your flavor of bitterness to a cigar that is more humid then what you’d like to smoke it at. It may have needed to be dry boxed for a couple of days to about 2 weeks. A lot of guys here will dry box their Cubans to slowly lower their humidity prior to smoking them and it makes a world of difference

I was educated on the Canadia Bands, as well, a short time ago. I can't comment on the provenance of said Cohiba here, but those generic bands sure do make it much easier to counterfeit, for sure.