• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohibas

Tiger

If anyone could give me their opinon.

I know Esplendidos are superb, because I've had those, my question is about Robustos. Anyone had both and how do they compare?

Thanks.

They suck! Do not buy them!

Save more for me.

In my opinion Cohiba cigars are definitely overrated. I tried the Siglo VI, it was a nice smoke, but nothing special.

Overrated brother... Grab a nice Boli PC or a RASS! Much better than the hype IMHO.

i agree cohibas in general are over-rated. There are a few i will go out of my way to buy when the price is right. siglos and sectros are my current choices. they are not popular but they do the trick for me and its what i enjoy. have fun experimenting and don't listen to all of the negative or super positive opinions..try them for yourself and find what you like. if you dont find a cohiba you like try another habano. peace

I agree; Cohibas in general are overrated. There are a few I will go out of my way to buy when the price is right. Siglos and Sectros are my current choices. They are not popular, but they do the trick for me and it's what I enjoy. Have fun experimenting and don't listen to all of the negative or super-positive opinions... Try them for yourself and find what you like. If you don't find a Cohiba you like; try another Habano. Peace

Fixed
biggrin.gif

I agree; Cohibas in general are overrated. There are a few I will go out of my way to buy when the price is right. Siglos and Sectros are my current choices. They are not popular, but they do the trick for me and it's what I enjoy. Have fun experimenting and don't listen to all of the negative or super-positive opinions... Try them for yourself and find what you like. If you don't find a Cohiba you like; try another Habano. Peace

Fixed
biggrin.gif

Ball-Buster! Do we have a new Mrs. Crabtree? :laugh:

In my opinion Cohiba cigars are definitely overrated. I tried the Siglo VI, it was a nice smoke, but nothing special.
I'm curious. Is your assessment based off of that one cigar of their line? It's one cigar within a series of cigars which are but one line within an entire brand. There are more and they don't all taste exactly the same. It's like passing judgment on General Motors based solely on one's cursory experience with an Oldsmobile Cutlass (before discontinued). I will concede they are pricey in general.

I qouls not say 'over-rated'. They are over priced, but still a profile all their own!

There's a box for sale in the trading room. :whistling:

I'm curious. Is your assessment based off of that one cigar of their line? It's one cigar within a series of cigars which are but one line within an entire brand. There are more and they don't all taste exactly the same. It's like passing judgment on General Motors based solely on one's cursory experience with an Oldsmobile Cutlass (before discontinued). I will concede they are pricey in general.

I have to admit that you're right. But let me say it like this: I've heard the best and most known Cohiba series is the 'Siglo' one. A cigar, that represents this series at it's best is the Cohiba Siglo VI. So I tried this one and was disappointed because this cigar wasn't that special. But I WILL try another one, maybe you can tell me which Cohiba cigar you recommend. ;)

Oh no, I'm not basing my opinion on Esplendidos based on one cigar, I smoke them on a fairly regular basis and I do enjoy them very much. I was just wondering if anyone had had both and what their comparison of the two were. Also, thank you for the suggestions, I will be trying those as well. :)

Just recently had a Siglo VI tubos from the initial tubos release in late 2003, and let's just say that "sublime" only begins to describe how good it was.

I've had numerous Siglos and none of them disappointed. The V and VI stood out and were excellent IMO.

The problem with these as with all Cuban cigars is that they can be superb, but they can also let you down' big time! (burn issues, draw problems)!
Yesterday I smoked a '98 Lusi, very very good cigar, but a week or 2 ago I tried to smoke a 07 MC 2, I was literally unable to smoke the thing, major burn problems!

So to come back at the Cohiba's. I smoked some of their robustos I like those but the price is IMHO to steep! The same go's for the Siglo IV, good cigar but for much less I would prefer a H Upmann mag 46!

Just my 2 cents,

Rene