• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Football

Bmed07

Can't wait until college football kicks off. Saturday football all day, then the next day NFL. This is my time of year, watching football games, cigar in hand and betting on games. (losing money). And of course getting yelled at by your girl friend who tells you that all you do on Saturday and Sunday is watch football.. :rolleyes:

It could be worse, you could be getting yelled at by your wife who tells you that all you do on Saturday and Sunday is watch football.

But yeah, it's about to get really fun. Football season is why god invented man.

It could be worse, you could be getting yelled at by your wife who tells you that all you do on Saturday and Sunday is watch football.

But yeah, it's about to get really fun. Football season is why god invented man.

No doubt. I have a "automatic wife ignore" that I use during football season (or so she says).

Ready to watch Penn State and Carolina on my weekends! :thumbs:

No doubt. I have a "automatic wife ignore" that I use during football season (or so she says).

Jonesy: I need that "automatic ignore". lol. I can't wait to watch my Miami Hurricanes. It should be a fun season, as always!

Ummm...do the Kentucky Wildcats qualify as being called a college football team? I mean, sure, they have been in bowl games for the last several years but take a look at their schedule this year. No, really, take a look at their schedule.

They have the perennial losses to Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. They have the other SEC East also-rans and a couple of yawner SEC West crews. But the out of conference schedule is among the worst that I have ever seen! Louisville for the obligatory governors cup. Western Kentucky who has lost 20 straight games and will be licking their wounds after being slaughtered by Nebraska (shame on the Cornhuskers for shooting so low as to schedule this team). Akron in a matchup that even Breedy will not wager. Charleston Southern who went 6-5 last year but had two games against BCS schools and they lost those games by a combined 108 points.

So, given that my alma mater will have a crap season even if they do get some wins, I ask you whether I should root for my old school or if I should place my loyalties elsewhere. I hail from Ohio, should I just adopt the Buckeyes? Should I go out of the region and make Boise State my team? I need some advice because I think a team of CP's finest could put up as good of a game against Kentucky as some of those teams that they have scheduled.

I personally cannot wait until Penn State comes into Bryant Denny on Sept 11 :-D

12 more days til kick off!!!!

melly

I can't wait to see the Razorbacks take down Alabama is a few short weeks! I hope we are getting on track to be a BCS contender. I am excited about Patrino and where the program is headed, but I have been burned many times before. Go HOGS!! :thumbs:

Brandon

Ummm...do the Kentucky Wildcats qualify as being called a college football team? I mean, sure, they have been in bowl games for the last several years but take a look at their schedule this year. No, really, take a look at their schedule.

They have the perennial losses to Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. They have the other SEC East also-rans and a couple of yawner SEC West crews. But the out of conference schedule is among the worst that I have ever seen! Louisville for the obligatory governors cup. Western Kentucky who has lost 20 straight games and will be licking their wounds after being slaughtered by Nebraska (shame on the Cornhuskers for shooting so low as to schedule this team). Akron in a matchup that even Breedy will not wager. Charleston Southern who went 6-5 last year but had two games against BCS schools and they lost those games by a combined 108 points.

So, given that my alma mater will have a crap season even if they do get some wins, I ask you whether I should root for my old school or if I should place my loyalties elsewhere. I hail from Ohio, should I just adopt the Buckeyes? Should I go out of the region and make Boise State my team? I need some advice because I think a team of CP's finest could put up as good of a game against Kentucky as some of those teams that they have scheduled.

Stu- There is always room on the Notre Dame bang wagon with me. Yes it has been a lean 17-ish years but new coach, lots of players back and a scheduled that looks fairly easy by ND standard. Waddya say?

Stu- There is always room on the Notre Dame bang wagon with me. Yes it has been a lean 17-ish years but new coach, lots of players back and a scheduled that looks fairly easy by ND standard. Waddya say?

Fair enough. Notre Dame it is. I am not of the Catholic ilk but I doubt that matters to the great Notre Dame. Any school that has a 'bang wagon' is good by me! :D I guess this gives me a reason to applaud Brian Kelly. U of Cincinnati is like a pest to me so I had a hard time supporting him here.

Kentucky's schedule has totally pissed me off. I wouldn't walk across the street to see them play Akron, Western Kentucky and Charleston Southern. Notre Dame does schedule some entertaining games and there is no shortage of the Irish on television...television is sometimes a problem with my second choice, Boise State.

Go Irish!!!

I can't wait to see the Razorbacks take down Alabama is a few short weeks! I hope we are getting on track to be a BCS contender. I am excited about Patrino and where the program is headed, but I have been burned many times before. Go HOGS!! :thumbs:

Brandon

Bring it! LOL!

Roll Tide!

Fair enough. Notre Dame it is. I am not of the Catholic ilk but I doubt that matters to the great Notre Dame. Any school that has a 'bang wagon' is good by me! :D I guess this gives me a reason to applaud Brian Kelly. U of Cincinnati is like a pest to me so I had a hard time supporting him here.

Kentucky's schedule has totally pissed me off. I wouldn't walk across the street to see them play Akron, Western Kentucky and Charleston Southern. Notre Dame does schedule some entertaining games and there is no shortage of the Irish on television...television is sometimes a problem with my second choice, Boise State.

Go Irish!!!

I knew my "accidential" typo would be enough to lure you into the ND-nation. Welcome a-broad. :sign:

Brandon

You guys have four tough games all in a row. Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn...Damn that's a tough schedule. Good luck with your Razorback tho, hope they beat Alabama.

Brandon

Bring it! LOL!

Roll Tide!

lol...I thought I might be able to bring you out with this! :sign: Let me hold the smack talk until after we play a few games. ???

Yeah we have a tough schedule, but that's what you get in the SEC! I hope we do well....it has been too long since we have had a stellar season.

Brandon

Brandon

Bring it! LOL!

Roll Tide!

lol...I thought I might be able to bring you out with this! :sign: Let me hold the smack talk until after we play a few games. ???

Yeah we have a tough schedule, but that's what you get in the SEC! I hope we do well....it has been too long since we have had a stellar season.

Brandon

yeah I cannot wait...a week from Saturday!! I am sooo ready! I might not be able to hide the "giddiness"

melly

Brandon, I'll be rooting for your Razorbacks vs Alabama that's for sure! Can't wait until next Thursday my "Miami Hurricanes" kick off vs Florida A&M...But September 11th The U at #2 Ohio St....Man I love Football!!

Jon, I see you lurking in the shadows...I didn't know you liked football!! :laugh: ???

You know, the only thing that worries me is that Bama usually does well in Fayetteville. They have handed us some pretty tough losses at home, but hopefully we can pull it out!

Brandon

I'm hoping our coach doesn't cost us any games this year. Here's to hoping.
Geaux Tigers

lol...this is amusing from an ex Nutt supporter/hater. Man he is great when he's great, but so frustrating the rest of the time. I am glad he decided to move on from the Hogs. It was time!

Brandon

The Right Reverend! He's capable of taking a less talented team to the top, and then a more talented team to the middle.

Even so, I think his time at Arkansas was successful. Didn't he win 3 SEC West titles? That's damn impressive for the SEC, considering Arkansas is a middle-of-the-pack team because the West is so loaded. Arkansas alum have the same problem that alum have at other schools: they think they should be better than they are (and my school is the same way - Mizzou: we're a middle of the pack team in the Big 12, it's just a fact. We can't compete with Texas and Oklahoma consistently, it's not realistic). But I digress...

My buddy is an Ole Miss grad and does a spot-on imitation of Nutt.