• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Come on man....

Looks like Steve has jumped the shark and is right up there with Gurkha.

I think that many would argue some behike, gran reservas, añejados, rare opus x, etc are not worth the price of admission. Why would this be any different?

Though, to some, that’s pocket change.

I’m sure they’ll be a video soon of a “luxury expert” interviewing some jackass talking about how the purchase buys them some sort of exclusivity and prestige.

There's a cigar smoker sucker born every minute. It happens to audiophiles as well. A stand for one's headphones can cost upward of $100. A similar item in a kitchen store, known as a banana hook, is less than $10. They look and function the same.

Doc

Last edited:
While his offerings are very good, this cigar comes with a ‘story’....and we all know about the value they put on a cigar when it comes with a great story! :rolleyes:

I just ordered a box. If anyone wants some, PayPal me $150 + $8 shipping. First come first served.

Ah yes, the Unicorn. His 'statement' about the cigar is interesting, but at far less than that price point, you could be smoking some other proven, really incredible sticks. Sure, I'll give him credit for "going for the ultimate" but I won't partake in the journey with my hard earned jack.... Lately, on the advice of another member, I've been buying good smokes, and putting them away. In three or four years, you've really got something special. I don't see how you lose there. JMHO, YMMV, etc....

Seriously though, Unicorns have suddenly become the hottest thing for kids. It's strange that there is now a unicorn cigar. Just odd to me. Not sure this is something I'd toss in my "private collection for a special event". I'll stick with Opus, Monte #2's, RASS and the like when I want something good. To me, this is nothing but marketing and gouging. What's more amazing is that there are people who will fall for it!

To each their own. I won't begrudge anyone for chasing it or trying it. Didn't we have a conversation like this once upon a time when the Tat Drac came out?

At Charlie's last QSH, Steve Saka was there and spent the night on the grounds with all of us that had cabins for the weekend. Nice guy, a treasure chest of cigar knowledge second to none. You could listen to him talk frankly about the industry and those in it for hours on end. He spoke of this cigar and it's 'story'. Old, uber aged tobacco, special blending, rolled by a Master Roller, etc....still, a $100.00 a stick? He failed to mention that part when we all spoke.