• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest Time

Pugman1943

Next week Friday I turn 3/4 century old. I’m inviting you to the party, but I will present one of you a worthy gift.

Rules: ONLY three (3) guesses per member, all in one reply. The closest to the correct guess wins the gift. Entries close Thursday at 2400 hours ( 12 pm if you don’t know military time ).

Oh yea, what are we guessing? What time of the day was I born, in hour & minute?

ROD has the answer to keep this above board.

Thank you for entering should you choose to do so.

Pug

Thats awesome! Congrats, happy bday, and thanks for the contest!!
I will guess;
7:15am
1:12pm
3:33pm

Tuesday 10pm
Wednesday 9pm
Thursday 8pm

Thanks for the contest and I hope you enjoy your birthday Ed.

I hope to reach that age. Happy birthday, Sir. Thanks for the contest.

Happy birthday!

I’ll go with:
9:32am
1:13pm
11:46pm

0503 / 1703

1222 / 0022

1015 / 2215

Since you are unsure, yourself, of how 24-hour time works, I figured I'd hit both sides of the clock so as to avoid confusion. :D Thanks for the contest, and happy birthday!

Kann, I was indoctrinated since I was shipboard in 1961, Both military time as well as time by “bells”. Doc can help you with that. If my wife could do military I’d have the house set on it, it I’m not going to fight that battle since in my aging I have “learned” better. Thanks for the wishes and I look forward to seeing everyone guess.

Pug

Last edited:
Kann, I was since I was shipboard in 1961, I was Indoctrinated in military time as well as time by “bells”. Doc can help you with that. If my wife could do military I’d have the house set on it, it I’m not going to fight that battle since in my aging I have “learned” better. Thanks for the wishes and I look forward to seeing everyone guess.

Pug
He’s just saying because you put 12pm instead of 12am for 2400. It was obviously just a typo.

Thank you for the contest. I still have the picture of the train set you sent me years ago. Cheers!

Kann, I was indoctrinated since I was shipboard in 1961, Both military time as well as time by “bells”. Doc can help you with that. If my wife could do military I’d have the house set on it, it I’m not going to fight that battle since in my aging I have “learned” better. Thanks for the wishes and I look forward to seeing everyone guess.

Pug

We use military time at work. There are two distinct groups, those who use 2400 and those who use 0000.

Always used "0000" in my military life from day one, since the FAA does, as well.

*EDIT* Also, anyone who deals with me at work or in life is stuck figuring out 24-hour time, as that is how I annotate things. Always have, always will. Except for teachers -- they have enough to deal with...

7:25am
2:54pm
6:37pm

Thank you for the contest and Happy birthday brother!

Paul

Thank you for the contest and happy early birthday! No prize needed but I did want to throw in my guesses.