• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feynnehrun

Alrighty so here's the deal...

I just finished an AWESOME book and have started another immediately following. If you can guess the book I just finished you will win yourself a 3 pak of Tatuajes novellas VI. Guessing the Book I just started will net you a couple Padron 64's. Guessing both will obviously get both packs and a little bonus!....here are the hints:

The Book I just finished
Sci Fi
Newer than I, Robot (the book)
The author wrote this book under a pen name.
Titan Critical
A century

The book I just started
Fantasy
Military/Political
Dual Author
Contains A parody reference to a gold nosed astronomer.
Romans for reading.

Everyone gets one Guess on each book...More hints may come if too much time passes between guesses. Enjoy!

Is the second book Havemercy by Jaida Jones and Danielle Bennett?

Good friggen Lord man...Great Guess...

Few questions...
Have you read it?

Tycho Brahe, The romans, or google....which gave it away?

PM me your addy and I'll get those out to you haha. I'm out to sea currently but should be arriving home on Friday :)

Everyone else: There's still the first book to guess on!

Few questions...
Have you read it?

PM me your addy and I'll get those out to you haha. I'm out to sea currently but should be arriving home on Friday :)

Thanks for the contest. No I haven't read of it. Actually never heard of it. I guess I'm just well versed in the ways of google. First I searched for gold nosed astronomer and found Tycho Brahe. Then I just searched for 'military political fantasy book tycho brahe' ** and stumbled across a review of the book on goodreads.com

**I initially wasn't able to duplicate the search string I used in google to come up with that review but then I went to my recently closed tabs and still had the google search page there. Believe it or not it seems to make a difference the order of the words searched upon, so I guess I got pretty luck. Thanks again.

ETA: PM Sent

Few questions...
Have you read it?

MrAnderson, did you ever hear anything back on this? How were the smokes?

Thanks for reminding me about this Jon. I think Feynnehrun's been in Vegas. I'll have to send him a PM and get an update.

Have you heard anything from him since November 17? What's the history been like and when was the last time you heard from him?

Have you heard anything from him since November 17? What's the history been like and when was the last time you heard from him?

Last time I heard anything from him was on Dec 6th saying that he was still in Vegas (a message on 11/23/10 indicated he'd be leaving to go to Vegas on 11/24/10). I've tried to contact him again after seeing this thread again yesterday and haven't heard back from him, but it doesn't look like he's been on the last couple of days so he probably hasn't seen it yet.

Once took a guy 6 months to send me contest winnings. He is someone many of you respect a lot... just sayin before people start freaking out

Just heard back from Feynnehrun. He says he's still in Vegas. I get the feeling this may be just a simple lack of communication. I'll keep everyone posted on any further developments.

Once took a guy 6 months to send me contest winnings. He is someone many of you respect a lot... just sayin before people start freaking out

Even if he is a good guy and a lot of people respect him doesn't give him a pass for being a slacker.

No one should enter a deal of any type without being able to do their end within the time aloted in the deal. If no time is stated the it's only days. Everyone is super busy, but we can all take the 30 minutes to box something up and send it. The post office does pickup.

Having a contest or anything else right before you have to leave on something isn't smart. Plus he had time to get the package out. Won on the 17 left for Vegas on the 24 do the math.

DG

Thanks for that DG. Congrats to him for being able to spend three straight weeks in Vegas, however he left someone hanging on their contest winnings, and that's just not cool. Especially with the lack of communication, it can make a guy think he's getting hosed.

Even if he is a good guy and a lot of people respect him doesn't give him a pass for being a slacker.

No one should enter a deal of any type without being able to do their end within the time aloted in the deal. If no time is stated the it's only days. Everyone is super busy, but we can all take the 30 minutes to box something up and send it. The post office does pickup.

Having a contest or anything else right before you have to leave on something isn't smart. Plus he had time to get the package out. Won on the 17 left for Vegas on the 24 do the math.

DG

I absolutely agree with you, and have never had more than a week go by when paying out a contest or trade. Hell I managed to run an SS and get two others sent out last year days after a surgery that had my bed ridden by using some common sense. My point is more that if you aren't gonna give breathing room to some random when he is giving away free cigars I would hope you are equally firm when it is one of your friends/heroes on the boards (obviously not directed at you DG, just a general comment).

DG

I absolutely agree with you, and have never had more than a week go by when paying out a contest or trade. Hell I managed to run an SS and get two others sent out last year days after a surgery that had my bed ridden by using some common sense. My point is more that if you aren't gonna give breathing room to some random when he is giving away free cigars I would hope you are equally firm when it is one of your friends/heroes on the boards (obviously not directed at you DG, just a general comment).

I understand that beggers can't be chosers and I should be happy to have won his contest and I am. My main concern was that it is getting around Christmas time and I'd hate to have a package sit on my doorstep for a week or more while I'm out of town. That is why I've been pestering Feynnehrun. I know he's in the Coast Gaurd and out to sea for periods of time and that he's been in Vegas for a while now but the lack of communication is what was worrying me. So, I'm more than willing to cut some slack and allow time for delivery, I'd just like a little better communication and it seems, at least for now, that we've done that. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is cause trouble/drama for the sake of causing trouble/drama. I will let you guys know how this turns out.

Out the fug.....oh, wait....whew...it can't be me, you said 'someone many...respect'!

Glad you heard from him.

Alrighty so here's the deal...

I just finished an AWESOME book and have started another immediately following. If you can guess the book I just finished you will win yourself a 3 pak of Tatuajes novellas VI. Guessing the Book I just started will net you a couple Padron 64's. Guessing both will obviously get both packs and a little bonus!....here are the hints:

The Book I just finished
Sci Fi
Newer than I, Robot (the book)
The author wrote this book under a pen name.
Titan Critical
A century

The book I just started
Fantasy
Military/Political
Dual Author
Contains A parody reference to a gold nosed astronomer.
Romans for reading.

Everyone gets one Guess on each book...More hints may come if too much time passes between guesses. Enjoy!

Capturing this just in case.

Over a month huh

Yeah, I sent a PM back at the end of last week asking when he expected to be back from Vegas so we could coordinate a little bit better but still no response. I see that he's been on posting in the SS forum in the last couple of days but hasn't read his PM yet so that must be why he hasn't gotten back to me.

Someone did a little detective work and pulled this up from Cigar Geeks. I guess his name there is "Feynix."

lol noone is playing over there unfortunately...except the guy who got the second book correct on the very first guess....ugh. As you can see however the prize on this site was more generous than the prize over there :p cuz they're a bunch of meanies. I was actually almost 100% sure that when the forum sherrifs got on at CP they'd surely flame me and lock my post or some crap lol.

Signed,
Forum Sheriff Meanie. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.