• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crazy travel-humidor idea

Swe-Mike

I don't smoke many cigars. Usually 2-3 a month. Sometimes I would like to bring one or maybe two cigars with me when I go somewhere, but since my current tupidor only contains 4 cigars, a travel humidor is a bit "over-the-top". Then I found this. Not only does it fit a reasonable amount of cigars. I can also bring a few cl of HC7. :D But since I (almost) only smoke robustos, I was wondering if i would be a good idea to put Climmax-beads in the bottom of the tubes. I should be able to fit almost 2-3". A small piece of "foam-plastic" (I hope you understand what I mean) should keep the beads in place. Would this work? Is it a bad idea to add moisture on just one end of the cigars?

I don't think that would be a bad idea. I have a single cigar travel case. It is a brass tube w/a analog hygrometer on the top and a little mini credo on the bottom. It works great!!! Same type of idea, so I don't think yours will cause you many problems.

Good Luck!!

Phil

If you aren't going to be away for very long before you smoke the cigars, a humidifying means isn't really neccesary. If it's more than a day or two then that should work OK. Humidipak bags work pretty well and end up being cheaper in the long run, though.

JR also has those credit cards that would work well for a small number of cigars. Not sure how somethign flat woud fit in that shape tho.