• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cures for the common cold

SamClemmons

eloquent absurdity
Friday my eyes were kinda watery/itchy, breath felt a little hot and in the evening I started sneezing. Great, I got a fuggin' cold. Scored some Zicam on the way home and started using it.
Saturday I wake up with an industrial strength cold. Eyes are blitzed, head pounding, sneezing, coughing, strings of ropey snot, feel like crap... still using the Zicam but added liberal doses of Tang and Vodka.
Sunday it's still going strong. Using Zicam every 4 hours and pounding Tang and Vodka.
Monday... what? Head is clear, breathing normally. Feeling a little dizzy and not well but not bad. Still using Zicam.
Tuesday. I am healed. Zicam in the medicine cabinet. Still pounding the Tang and Vodka just to be safe.

Okay, okay so it's not a cure but it beats hell out of the 10 days it usually nags my ass.

NA

Tang and vodka, eh?

Reminds me of my freshman year in college. I caught a cold early on in November, and because of my lack of sleep + tendency to go out and pound shots at frat parties every weekend, I had a cough until very well into the next year. :(

Whatever works, I guess. ;)

Friday my eyes were kinda watery/itchy, breath felt a little hot and in the evening I started sneezing. Great, I got a fuggin' cold. Scored some Zicam on the way home and started using it.
Saturday I wake up with an industrial strength cold. Eyes are blitzed, head pounding, sneezing, coughing, strings of ropey snot, feel like crap... still using the Zicam but added liberal doses of Tang and Vodka.
Sunday it's still going strong. Using Zicam every 4 hours and pounding Tang and Vodka.
Monday... what? Head is clear, breathing normally. Feeling a little dizzy and not well but not bad. Still using Zicam.
Tuesday. I am healed. Zicam in the medicine cabinet. Still pounding the Tang and Vodka just to be safe.

Okay, okay so it's not a cure but it beats hell out of the 10 days it usually nags my ass.

NA

Same goes for me (minus the Tang and Vodka, are you a fuggin astronaut? :laugh: ). Zycam is God's cure to one the most bastardly things to ever grace the Human body. Took about 3 days to kick the bug vice the usual week.

NA

Same goes for me (minus the Tang and Vodka, are you a fuggin astronaut? :laugh: ). Zycam is God's cure to one the most bastardly things to ever grace the Human body. Took about 3 days to kick the bug vice the usual week.
Hey, I LIKE Tang and Vodka but rarely have such a good reason for drinking it. It's got vitamins and shizz!
(I started drinking it way back when while at an isolated duty station)
NA

I've had great luck with Zicam.

I use it anytime I just think something is coming on. That's key. Hit it early.

When the cold comes on anyway, my experience is like yours, much shorter.

I swear by the stuff.

G-

I found a cure for a lot of sicknesses years ago....

I stopped kissing hookers.

Zicam is good stuff. My wife got me started on it.

But what I really remember getting me over colds within a day or so back in college was a pop made by coca-cola called "Surge." Anybody remember that stuff? Sure most considered it pretty nasty but for some reason a bottle or two of that and I'd be right as rain in a day or so. I can't explain it.

BR

Zicam, Day/NyQuil, and Centrum Multivitamins seem to work wonders for me when I feel like I might be coming down with something. Lots of vitamin C helps too, but don't take too much or you'll be glued to the turl.

MASS amounts of Tequila usually does it for me... and I mean the head pounding puking the next day mass amounts. But always cures whatever... cold, flu, depression... :laugh:

Never really had to worry about it to be honest... working around sickies all the time seems to have my immunity system ramped up. But I'll keep Zicam in mind... never tried it or other remedy.

I'll have to try the Zicam. Got a cold the other day and yesterday it was bad. Back at work now and still got it. Looks like I need to stop by the store on the way home and get some tang and vodka though.

Tea with some homemade plum brandy. Saw my dad do it forever, and I don't really remember him ever being sick. So now I do the same.

MASS amounts of Tequila usually does it for me...

We refer to this at the house as Dr. Cuervo. :D

Seriously, back in college, some almost 30 years ago, I had been sick as a dog for over a week, my roommate too. Couldn't shake it. Nothing helped. Found a bottle of Cuervo Gold in the cabinet one afternoon and we got drunker than Cooter Brown. We didn't didn't get pukin' drunk but you could smell it from there. :p The next day, we felt considerably better. I sincerely believe there is something to it.

I'm not a big fan of the Zicam ... never really worked for me.

I started using using Nasacort AQ when and ENT doctor gave it to me after I was so badly congested and my ears wouldn't pop for a week ... clears you right up without that dried out feeling (do I sound like a commercial?) ... expensive, but worth it IMHO.

I think if you have enough Vodka it could cure just about anything! Never have used the Zicam though, I'll have to try that out next time I get a cold.

...Okay, either you all are just crazy, or alcohol is absolutely terrible for me. No matter what. It just worsens things.

:(

Zicam. And I drink airborne in Quervo. Seems to work ok for me.

Bill

I eat chili so hot that your eyes water just bringing it up to your mouth and do shots of Wild Turkey. Works for me.