• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day 2009

denverdog

Not now chief, I’m in the F**kin zone.
Well its almost that time. They haven't officially released the information yet but I am guessing it will be April 25th. April is a beeotch of a month for me travel wise but I am hoping to be able to make it out with a buddy or two from Colorado. We will most likely come out on Thursday, do the Chicago pub crawl and then head to Munster on Friday afternoon.

So, who is planning and or hoping to make it? Lets mobilize the crew this year so we can all get together for some great beer and smokes.

For those who missed it last year, here are some pictures. It was a freaking blast.. LINKY

It sounds like they are planning to change things up a bit this year by implementing a new lottery system. Here is a clip that was leaked on the FFF site a few weeks ago. It has since been removed so it is subject to change...

Darklord Day 2009 will be greatly improved to accommodate larger crowds, including expanded parking, more porta johns, shorter lines and more food choices.

In order to facilitate a fair and much more convenient system for buying DarkLord on DLD 2009, we will be implementing a lottery system. Don’t worry, you’ll have a much better chance of getting a winning ticket than almost any other lottery you can play.

Basically our DLD 2009 lottery system will break down as follows:

* Everyone interested in purchasing DarkLord by the bottle will have to first register here at our website
* We will capture your name and email address and place you into a randomized database
* Once we’ve determined our estimated level of production for bottled DarkLord, we will then calculate the total number of winning tickets that we will make available
* We will then select, completely at random, email addresses from our databases and send winning registrants a confirmation email informing them of their winning slot in the lottery
* We will then require all winners to confirm their mailing address and we will send out the winning tickets
* All those that fail to respond within the designated timeframe will be dropped from the winning list and new winners will be picked
* All those that have a winning “golden ticket” will be able to get in line, during their scheduled “tee time” as indicated on their ticket, and they will be able to purchase up to one case of DarkLord

While we know that this will upset some of our customers, we feel that this is simply the easiest way to insure that everyone, regardless of geography or budget, will have the best chance to get their hands on some bottled DarkLord this coming April.

We hope that this will resolve much of the confusion and frustration of our patrons who failed to get any DarkLord at the last DLD.

Check back here soon, or go ahead and register now to get yourself on the DLD 2009 Early Bird Notification list.

2452495735_80cac6764d_b.jpg

Wife already nixed this for me. :(

If anybody that's going wants to pick me up a bottle or two I would be very appreciative.

I will more than likely be in attendance. If I do go, consider it done, Justin.

Well I'm screwed. I've never won a lottery or drawing in my life. I think the new system sucks, and now I bet you will see a bunch of people selling tickets at a huge profit. I guess being there or not will depend on if I'm a chosen one.

I hope to see you guys, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit- I've been thinking about the lottery. This will be a bigger mess than last year. How many people will get multiple email addresses to make sure they get a ticket? How may people will then end up with multiple tickets and be at DLD selling them? I guess I'll get about a dozen gmail accounts. Maybe I can trade DLD tickets for KBS.

Keith

I wish I could attend, but my vacation days are limited. If any brother is willing to grab an extra bottle I would be truely greatful.

Im definately there.

I would recommend the out of towners to come in on Thursday.

We have a pub crawl planned in the city of Chicago. Hitting up some microbrew pubs and topping off the night at the Beer School. Hopefully the weather is warm enough to sit on the patio and smoke.

Friday we recover and head to munster for lunch and to check into hotel.

Sat enjoy the DLD. Even though this lottery system blows.

But at least we can smoke trade and drink beers on sat!

Will they check IDs against the lottery winnings? If not, I'll sign up and give up the lottery spot if I win, to one of you DLD homers.

Will they check IDs against the lottery winnings? If not, I'll sign up and give up the lottery spot if I win, to one of you DLD homers.

From my understanding, it's not a for sure thing yet. They're just trying to come up with a solution to all the line cutting from last year as far as I can tell.

From my understanding, it's not a for sure thing yet. They're just trying to come up with a solution to all the line cutting from last year as far as I can tell.

Thats my take too, Justin. From what I understand they will have measures in place to make sure only one entry per person. They will be checking ID's which will have to match the name you signed up with to make sure people don't sign up with multiple email addy's to cheat the system.

I did not see how to register for the lottery in their web site that is "under contruction". I went to 3floyds.com and threefloyds.com and came up with the same results. Called their tel# and lots of voice mail. Any help? John

I did not see how to register for the lottery in their web site that is "under contruction". I went to 3floyds.com and threefloyds.com and came up with the same results. Called their tel# and lots of voice mail. Any help? John

They haven't opened registration or given any specific details yet. The information I posted above was leaked a month ago but not confirmed.

I'm definitely in! Count me in for Thurs, Fri, and Sat. I already took the days off. I can't freakin wait for DLD...it's been 2 years since my last. :0

It's going to be great meeting a bunch of you guys.

while i dont know if a lottery system is the best way or not, i do give them huge props for at least working towards a better way of fighting the chaos this year. hopefully in a year or two it will be all gravy... hopefully...

i was there last year, and hope to make it again this year. anybody remember the college kids with the baby stroller? that was me :)

what hotel you all plan on staying at? i would love to meet up with some of you!

while i dont know if a lottery system is the best way or not, i do give them huge props for at least working towards a better way of fighting the chaos this year. hopefully in a year or two it will be all gravy... hopefully...

i was there last year, and hope to make it again this year. anybody remember the college kids with the baby stroller? that was me :)

what hotel you all plan on staying at? i would love to meet up with some of you!

Planning on staying at the Hampton Inn in Munster like last year. Nice place just a mile or so from FFF.

We will designate you as the OFFICIAL CP BEER CHICK !!! ;)

Once dates are confirmed I may be rolling some Pittsburgh guys there