• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Day!

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
This year DL will be on April 30th.:cool:

I'm hoping to make it up again this year. I look forward to hanging out with everyone for a day of beer and cigars slightly more than getting the Dark Lord. We'll see how things work out.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1296440517' post='1022512']
I'm hoping to make it up again this year. I look forward to hanging out with everyone for a day of beer and cigars slightly more than getting the Dark Lord. We'll see how things work out.
[/quote]

Looking forward to it James!:thumbs:

I wouldn't go so far as to call it terrible, but from what I've tasted it is pretty overrated. Plenty of other stouts and imperial stouts out there that are comparable if not better.

How did this beer become so popular? So terrible.
I wouldn't say terrible ... more like different. Not your typical RIS, I beleive the census was "very port like".
I liked it but have had much better

I wouldn't go so far as to call it terrible, but from what I've tasted it is pretty overrated. Plenty of other stouts and imperial stouts out there that are comparable if not better.
I am not sure there is anything comparable to DL ... its flavor profile is in a league of its own.

Mike, I may have felt differently about it but for me DL was completely overshadowed by the BCVS at your tasting. That one hit my sweet spot like a dart to a bullseye. I would like to try DL again but I'm not gonna search for it and I have nothing much to offer in trade.

Mike, I may have felt differently about it but for me DL was completely overshadowed by the BCVS at your tasting. That one hit my sweet spot like a dart to a bullseye. I would like to try DL again but I'm not gonna search for it and I have nothing much to offer in trade.

+1 by far BCS Vanilla Brand and Eclipse were the stars of the night. That could have been the problem ... better stouts :rolleyes:

Anyways get ready for the next tasting

I really like Dark Lord. :shrug:

If you keep it Ale in the dark and at 70 degrees or a bit less for four years or so the flavors are phenomenal! :thumbs: :)

I like Dark Lord, but I like KBS a bit more. I haven't had a few of the other highly sought after stouts so can't compare. I can see it as being overhyped, but at $15 a bottle the price isn't bad.

darthpopejohnpaulavatar.jpg

I find all your lack of faith disturbing!

Things will be different at the fest this year. First thing is you won't be able to get on the premises without a ticket or tickets. Three Floyds request that no one bring any keggers, i know some people that will test that request. Which i believe will bring the authorities into the whole thing. One more thing, NO PETS PLEASE, according to the FAQ's posted on the website. :0

There's been some developments that i think a lot of people might be interested in. Anyone without a ticket will not be allowed on the premises and 'no loitering' will be allowed, whatever that means. I've called the brewery and the Munster police and no one seems to be able to give any answers.???

Man tix went on sale today and they sold out in under an hour. Totally forgot. G1

Yup I was going to buy a few tickets and have someone pick up the beer for me but I decided against it. Right after they sold out there were 16+ trade threads on BeerAdvocate looking for tickets. I bet a lot of them show up on ebay....

edit: spelling