• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Lord Stout allotment for 2011

sack

'From man's sweat and God's love, beer came to be.
Three Floyds Brewery just announced that the allotment for this year will be four bottles per ticket. Almost isn't worth the effort. This will be my last year at the fest.:(

You should do a poll, Claudio. 'What event are you anticipating more - the 2011 Dark Lord release or the Royal Wedding?'

I just dont get the Dark Lord obsession. WAY over-hyped IMO . There are too many great, and widely available(!) Imperial Stouts that blow this out of the water. Its good, but not wait-in-line-forever-to-get-any-good. To each his own I suppose!

I just dont get the Dark Lord obsession. WAY over-hyped IMO . There are too many great, and widely available(!) Imperial Stouts that blow this out of the water. Its good, but not wait-in-line-forever-to-get-any-good. To each his own I suppose!

Right there with ya brotha Billy!

You should do a poll, Claudio. 'What event are you anticipating more - the 2011 Dark Lord release or the Royal Wedding?'

You must be joking Sir! My entire lineage is Royalist! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All i can sayis if you have never had some Dark Lord Stout after four years of proper storage, then you haven't enjoyed the best. Saying that, i think it's gone to there head! This is most likely the last time i will attend the event. You're right, there are some great Ales out there and i want to taste them all!:):thumbs:

No contest in my house. God help me if I accidentally touch the remote control.

All i can sayis if you have never had some Dark Lord Stout after four years of proper storage, then you haven't enjoyed the best. Saying that, i think it's gone to there head! This is most likely the last time i will attend the event. You're right, there are some great Ales out there and i want to taste them all!:):thumbs:
We had a 2008 bottle a few months back, yes its a unique beer. Not your typical IS, more port -like then anything, but I would favor Hercule Stout or Serpents Stout or Stone IRS or Abyss when its RIS vs. RIS .... IMHO, I know I am comparing a BA version to DL but FiftyFifty Eclipse BA versions were far superior to DL. Eclipse Heaven Hill was one of the best IS that I've had. Dark Lord is a great beer but I feel there are better tasting IS's.

We had a 2008 bottle a few months back, yes its a unique beer. Not your typical IS, more port -like then anything, but I would favor Hercule Stout or Serpents Stout or Stone IRS or Abyss when its RIS vs. RIS .... IMHO, I know I am comparing a BA version to DL but FiftyFifty Eclipse BA versions were far superior to DL. Eclipse Heaven Hill was one of the best IS that I've had. Dark Lord is a great beer but I feel there are better tasting IS's.

I liked the Elijah Craig better than the Heaven Hill. I need to drink the 2009 DL I got from you to see if it stacks up to the other excellent stouts I've had over the years.

B.HOBS - I think these days the party is more the focus than the actual beer. I've never been but it looks like a good time with tons of beer being shared and guest taps with limited beers to try.

They also have barrel aged versions in bottles this year. They're doing a lottery to determine who gets to buy these $50 bottles since they're so limited. Little rich for my blood but I could see myself paying it just to own one of these things.

I liked the Elijah Craig better than the Heaven Hill. I need to drink the 2009 DL I got from you to see if it stacks up to the other excellent stouts I've had over the years.

B.HOBS - I think these days the party is more the focus than the actual beer. I've never been but it looks like a good time with tons of beer being shared and guest taps with limited beers to try.

They also have barrel aged versions in bottles this year. They're doing a lottery to determine who gets to buy these $50 bottles since they're so limited. Little rich for my blood but I could see myself paying it just to own one of these things.

You speak truth Keemosabe! :thumbs:

Just woke up after attending ,i, the most crowded,will, and confusing event i have had the, go, displeasure to engage myself, again, and was squeezed and pushed by rude people who were carrying boxes and dragging wheeled containers of all manner of brew. Over priced, over crowded and too much to drink. Who in their right mind would want to go and experience that?:p me.

Thats what I understand too. I'm biased, though, because I hate crowds of any kind. So I think thats the only reason why I wouldn't bother. Its just not outrageously good enough to go outta that comfort zone for me! In the end..... I'm really such a hater!!!
laugh.gif

Just woke up after attending ,i, the most crowded,will, and confusing event i have had the, go, displeasure to engage myself, again, and was squeezed and pushed by rude people who were carrying boxes and dragging wheeled containers of all manner of brew. Over priced, over crowded and too much to drink. Who in their right mind would want to go and experience that?:p me.

How long was the line? Did you end up getting your allotment? Sounds like you had good time!

Thats what I understand too. I'm biased, though, because I hate crowds of any kind. So I think thats the only reason why I wouldn't bother. Its just not outrageously good enough to go outta that comfort zone for me! In the end..... I'm really such a hater!!!
laugh.gif

How long was the line? Did you end up getting your allotment? Sounds like you had good time!
Got my bottles and was out of the building in fifteen minutes. I forgot about the camraderie in the brew community. I brought about thirty bottles of different ales to trade with but wound up drinking them up with the rest of the crowd. I just had a rip snorting good time! Everytime i drank the last drop of ale there was someone offering up something different. I mean everyone, there wasn't one beligerent drunk out vin the courtyard. I just had a great time! :D We got there early so we went through the line very fast.