• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

David Blaine Stunt

PuroEsq

The Member Formerly Known as "JAEwing"
waste of time!

I saw the stunt on the news this morning and I was totally unimpressed. Hanging upside down for 60 hours? NOT. Taking 20 minute breaks every hour ... my grandmother could do that. Then that totally anti-climactic "dive of death" was about as stupid as could be.

YAWN.

Stick to street magic and card tricks David.

It was a pretty spectacular disappointment. I caught the dive of death and it was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Wilkey

I've been confused about this too. What is so "magic" about hanging upside down from a rope? Why does this guy call himself a magician for doing stupid stunts like that? Am I missing something here, where he's going to all of the sudden amaze me with some slight of hand or trickery?

I'll take Criss Angel over this idiot. They booed him at this event and people in England were throwing stuff at him when he did something just as assinine. :rolleyes:

I like Blaine, but only when he does street magic. He's one of the best at it and should stick to that instead of this stupid stunts. Last night's broadcast was a severe let down.

I dont get it, i didn't see it last night and looking at the youtube video i still don't get it. what did he do but basically bunjee jump with a controled rope and then have the controled rope lift him into the dark sky.
did i miss the control rope coming down from the sky with out him attached or something?

Ok, that was friggin lame! Maybe someone could have cut the safety chord and made it a real Dive of Death.

After watching both of those You tube videos, I feel like I've just been the punchline to the joke "How do you keep an a**hole in suspense?"