• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Custom Roll

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
First day back at work after a week vacation and I already want to take another week.  Finally time to head home and it's beautiful out, so roll down the windows, crank up the tunes, and cruise.   Get home and Casey is getting ready to head out to school.  I throw on some shorts and a t-shirt, slip on my flip flops, then grab a stogie and head to the liquor cabinet to pour a dram.

I decided to put fire to the mystery stick I received from Gary, just had to throw in one didn't ya.  :D  My first thought was a Monte No. 2, but then again.  The wrapper has minimal veins looking smooth and oily in the sunlight.  It feels a bit heavy in the hand that makes me wonder if it may be a tad but overfilled.  I try to use a makeshift cutter that doesn't work out well at all, and bust the wrapper at the head pretty good.  But!  The draw is perfect with a rather sweet, fresh tobacco taste. 

With the foot toasted and smoke pouring in abundance from the just lit embers, I take a good, long draw.  Shabam as my wife would say!  This thing is a freaking powerhouse!  I made the mistake of letting smoke escape through my nostrils, and I think what nose hair I might have had just got singed away.  Whew!  Strength is definitely full right off the bat, which I wasn't really expecting. 

So I get into the first third and again it is strong.  Now I admit I enjoy a full strength, full bodied cigar, but this is just wow.  I'm not getting a whole lot by way of flavor, just a rather bitterness on the palate as I exhale, almost as if it's in a sick period.  Same goes for the finish, which unfortunately isn't good at all. 

I muster through this stogie to about halfway and decide to put it down as it's just not good at all.  The draw is perfect, burn is sharp, but the flavor is not working for my palate.   I really haven't a clue on what this is, but it reminds me of an LFD from the power of it. 

Okay Gary, spill it man. 

Hmmm...that's interesting. I'll have to try one.

What's more interesting is comparing this with the Avo review....see any similarities?

grateful1 said:

What's more interesting is comparing this with the Avo review....see any similarities?

Not really.  This came straight out the gate full on strength with a load of pepper, and I really did try to find something in it as far as flavor, but it was just a no go for me.  It was an AVO?

Kingantz said:

Not really.  This came straight out the gate full on strength with a load of pepper, and I really did try to find something in it as far as flavor, but it was just a no go for me.  It was an AVO?

There were a couple things that you mentioned in both...firmness and draw...correct?

This is (should be) a Davidoff from a 50 CAB what was made for the store only  -iirc.

I've been trying to find the thread and or pm that these were talked about. Gary (IP) may have bought some and split it up too.

Surprised it was so biting...but I know it was stronger!

Are these the My Father blend that were made exclusively for the Davidoff store in NY? I know they came in 50 count cabs. I got a few from ironpiddler and that's what the pics look like.