• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Diatomaceous Earth - Anyone using it?

4cbln3

WTF are skin tags?!
I started perusing a forum on aquaponics for backyards and since some of those websites tout "organic, all natural, vegan, blah, blah" links I found one that piqued my curiosity enough for me to research and start using.

Product is called diatomaceous earth food grade http://www.earthworkshealth.com/

Although some uses are for insect control (those small pieces of fossilized flour cut the buggers like glass to your skin, making them dehydrate from the inside out), people are taking a spoonful to help with all types of ailments. I'm not looking for any miracles, but I do like keeping an open mind to stuff to help me feel better, especially since this product is basically silica which we start to lose out on as we grow older.

I started taking a heaping spoonful since my surgery, since it's supposed to help the skin, eyes, and nose area too. If it helps my cholesterol, even better! I'm gonna see if this product does anything for me, especially since to get it to Hawaii I had to buy 10lbs. from Amazon to get free shipping. :0 If it doesn't do anything, I'll just spread it all over my yard and kill every living thing with a pincher, stinger, claw, or whatever!!

Anybody ever have any experience using it?

Dave

hmm... something that can be used for insect control AND be taken by the spoonful doesn't make much sense to me... ???

I sell it for bed bugs. Nothing works better. Never researched the health benefits.

Yes.

It would make one hell of a smoothie:

Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae. It is used as a filtration aid, mild abrasive, mechanical insecticide, absorbent for liquids, matting agent for coatings, reinforcing filler in plastics and rubber, anti-block in plastic films, porous support for chemical catalysts, cat litter, activator in blood clotting studies, and a stabilizing component of dynamite. As it is heat-resistant, it can also be used as a thermal insulator.

The only thing I use it for is my pool. Be very careful with that stuff, it's dangerous. I have to wear a mask when I pour it into my pool filter as the cloud is really bad for you. That crap gets into your nose, lungs, eyes, etc and can cause damage.

What Rod said. I've only used it to precoat my pool filter.....and I know for sure I'm not putting that in a smoothie.

I forgot to mention that there are 2 grades, food grade and for such things as cleaning pools and more industrialized uses. I made sure to buy the food grade version. I did find that the dust is pretty much like a whitish-gray flour and if you inhale it, it'll coat your lungs. The hardness scale on the diamond scale (diamonds being 10) for DE is a 7 so that's why it can scrub your intestines and trap any bad parasites inside of its hollow shell.

I've read that this food grade DE has been in our grains to help with insect control, so we've all eaten trace amounts of it during our lifetime.

I'm curious to hear how it works out for you. Keep us posted!