• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dinner with dad.

The Black Cloud

Just came back from eating dinner with my dad. Mom is out of country on vacation. I love my parents but they can drive me up a wall. Normal, eh? So I was eating and thinking about why my dad ordered this, or why he did that, and perhaps the trivial stuff that gets on my nerves at times...and then I imagined sitting there by myself, alone, and my dad had just died the day before, the week before, or years ago, and I nearly broke down crying right then and there.

So often it takes a tragedy to snap us out of complacency. But for some reason, and lucky for me, I had this perspective bitch slap without losing anyone.

Look around at your loved ones and count your lucky stars. Enjoy this moment.

I lost my Mother the day after Mother's day last year. Three months later, I loss my Dad, my hero and best friend.

Both were gone in three months.

Count your blessings..........

I know what you mean bruddah TBC, my dad went through a rough time last year, health wise, and the family went through a roller coaster ride. Now that he's back at home doing his usual routine, I sometimes forget he punched his ticket once already and it won't be forever. I've been bred to work from my parents, so learning how to slow it down and enjoy little moments is not something I'm used to.

Dave

Just came back from eating dinner with my dad. Mom is out of country on vacation. I love my parents but they can drive me up a wall. Normal, eh? So I was eating and thinking about why my dad ordered this, or why he did that, and perhaps the trivial stuff that gets on my nerves at times...and then I imagined sitting there by myself, alone, and my dad had just died the day before, the week before, or years ago, and I nearly broke down crying right then and there.

So often it takes a tragedy to snap us out of complacency. But for some reason, and lucky for me, I had this perspective bitch slap without losing anyone.

Look around at your loved ones and count your lucky stars. Enjoy this moment.

Thanks for the reminder.

Just finished having dinner with my parents and a very close friend of ours (we have been close for about 10 years). I was thinking the exact same thing tonight at dinner. I can't imagine my life with out a few things that are VERY close to me, my kids, my wife, and my parents.

I know I don't tell them (kids, wife or parents) as often as I should that I love them with all my heart (they all know I do), but tonight I just felt the need to tell them again.

Thanks for the reminder to let everyone that is so very important in my life know hoe much I love and enjoy being around them!

Like you, I was fortunate enough to understand this before I lost my dad. It made the times we spent together his last few years much more enjoyable. I miss my dad...