• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
WOW. I tried this beer for the first time this weekend. Went to a bar that has an absurd number of beers on tap and the bartender suggested it. Man does it pack a punch, 18 proof. AFter handing me the glass (without mentioning how strong it was) the bartender told me I shouldn't drink it fast. :) Man, no joke. Was very strong, but also very tasty. Extremely hoppy, but without tasting like you are drinking bread. The finish/aftertaste is bitter, but again. not bad.

Anyone else tried it?

I actually have a 4 pack in my fridge right now. It is definitely strong, especially for an IPA. It's 9% abv. There's also a 60 minute that's 6% abv, and a 120 minute that's 20% abv.

This is definitely one of the better IPA's, but I found it more malty than hoppy. I like an IPA that just melts your face off with hops.

If you like 90 minute I'd suggest Dreadnaught IPA by Three Floyd's Brewing which may be my favorite beer ever, but is extremely difficult to find. Also Ruination IPA by Stone Brewing which is a little easier to find, but still not the most accesible.

If anyone has questions on where you may be able to find these beers locally PM me.

I've had the Shelter Pale Ale by them but nothing else. Can't get it in my part of PA to my knowledge. Interesting website though.