• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia My Father Le Bijou petite robusto

JBL11183

Lurker
I have smoked at least 5 or 6 of these in the past week and I must say these are just down right great. I am not that great at writing reviews, but I am finishing smoking one of these little "jewels" as I write this, and all I can say is wow. The draw is a little tighter than I usually prefer but there is still plenty of leathery, floral smoke. I would say that this a medium bodied smoke with a finish that is just right. The construction is flawless garneshed with a beautiful band. The wrapper is dark and smooth with just the right amount of oils. The burn is razor sharp, and the ash held for about three quaters of the smoke before falling on my lap. The flavors remained consistent through the first and second thirds. I got cedar and just a touch of spice. The final third, I got much more leather with a sweet finish. The smoke lasted about an hour and left me contemplating lighting another. If you haven't tried this cigar yet, I highly recomend it. I also must say that this smoke is a completely different smoke than the original My father line. IMHO, I would pick this over the original any day. Like I said before, I am not much of a reviewer, but I have been enjoying this so much lately I had to share my thoughts.

Sorry for not having any pic but I am writting this on my iPhone while sitting in my truck in the driveway...

Thanks for the review. I agree with you...the Le Bijou is definitely a better blend than the original My Father, at least IMHO.

I absolutely LOVE this cigar. I like it much more than the original, but Pepin likes the original better. I think it's b/c his son blended it for him.

I got two that I was trying to save just a little while closer to the two holidays. One of these is going to make the ultimate sacrifice within the next 24 hours. :rolleyes:

I absolutely LOVE this cigar. I like it much more than the original, but Pepin likes the original better. I think it's b/c his son blended it for him.

How are the other sizes. So far I have only had the petite's. I might have to send a box across the river to Jersey for me!!!!

I have to agree the le bijou has been a real treat. I really like it but still have to give the original blend cedros deluxe a slight edge. That particular vitola and the lancero blow away the rest of the original line IMHO.

I've smoked about 6 out of a box and every one has been spot on. It reminds me of the original Blue label, but smoother. Love em!

A fine smoke. Love the wrapper on these babies. Another homerun for Pepin.

I love 'em, too.

Check out the pics in Gregs review of the Churchills. The wrapper is much lighter in color than on my Petite Robustos. Anyone try both? Notice any difference?

Pepin often blends different vitolas of the same line to be quite different. Or it could be he just didn't have enough of one wrapper for the whole run, too.

Steve

I had a Petit Robusto the other day and while the flavor was amazing, the cigar gave up somewhere inbetween the half way and 2/3rds way through the cigar. The last thrid was flat and had very little taste. I would certainly try it again though.

The draw is a little tighter than I usually prefer but there is still plenty of leathery, floral smoke.

Man, I so agree with the floral part. I'm not sure it is my thing, but the box deal I got just could not be turned down. After 3 weeks so much better, obviously. With the draw, I have smoked six and all have been perfect, even with the smallest clip made to the cap. I, however, still like the original a bit better. Both are great smokes!

.... while the flavor was amazing, the cigar gave up somewhere inbetween the half way and 2/3rds way through the cigar. The last thrid was flat and had very little taste. I would certainly try it again though.
I had the same experience with several that i have had. The delicious first half was worth the subpar second half, though. I really enjoy the original My Father's. The lancero is worth every inch.