• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dunhill Nightcap

Torb

I received my shipment of Nightcap yesterday after waiting for over a month for it to arrive from Germany. (Aparantly due to the heavy snow). I could'nt wait to try it as I had heard so much hype about it. When I opened the tin it was'nt at all how I had expected to be, not half as dark or as pungent! It has a nice fragrence, not overpowering and quite sweet, almost a slight vinegary note together with the smokey latakia. Later that evening I lit up a bowl. It was not as strong as I thought , though the nicotine was definitely there! As far as the taste goes it is hard to describe. I got a few sweetish fruity flavors from time to time as well as some earthy ones. It has quite a peppery feeling In the nose, almost made me sneeze. Towards the end of the bowl I got some really strange mushroom like taste which I didnt find too pleasant. I hav'nt made up my mind if it will be in my regular rotation yet. Going to light up another bowl tonight and see if any magic happens.

I'm a fan of it. It's not a strong as 965, but I still like them both.

If Nightcap didn't have Perique (which is where you're getting the pepper) it would be much better. I understand the love it gets, but I don't share that love.

Not a bad blend by any means, just not one of my absolute favorites.

The mushroom like taste you describe will likely diminish as the tobacco dries out a little. The vinegar on the nose will subside substantially now that the tin is open.

I have had a couple more bowls and I must say that I am enjoying it more and more. I took your advice and dried it a bit more and it definitely tasted better.

I haven't seen Nightcap in a while. Is it available again?

I haven't seen Nightcap in a while. Is it available again?

Yeah. The Dunhill blends are back in the US. I think CAO is the distributor. I think there were some that did not come back, but I don't have the list handy.

If you want something along those lines that has a stronger flavor try Ashton Artisan's Blend.

If you want something along those lines that has a stronger flavor try Ashton Artisan's Blend.

An excellent recommendation. :thumbs: Ashton pipe blends sometimes don't get the recognition they deserve.