• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DVD Copy

Wascal

Captive of the Dark Side
Looking for a good dvd copy program that will let me delete the extras I don't want so everything will fit on one disk. No, I'm not asking anyone for anything illegal. (already have a decryption program :whistling: )

Dvd X-Copy has a number of options- you can remove the commentary, other languages, etc... that allows a movie to be put on a single disk without too much extra compression.

If you happen to have gotten a copy before it was ruled illegal and pulled from circulation... :whistling:

...or even if you weren't so fortunate....PM me and I just MAY be able to aquire a copy...with serial of course...for you.

DVDShrink will allow you to copy without the extras (ie subtitles, other languages)

dvd decrypter also works good.

But, it does not shrink large movies.

I use ICOPYDVDS2 with DVD43 as the de-encrypter. It works out great! :thumbs:

If you wanna get really into it and keep the best quality use DVD-decrypter and CCE. Gotta google for the guide cuz it gets kinda complicated and takes a while

Thanks for the info guys. Sent a pm in regards to one suggestion. :whistling:

I use DVD Decryptor and DVD-Shrink, and burn with Nero. Sounds complicated but it's not really. And, you have complete control over what goes onto your final disk. Quality is very good. PM me if you want the details. DVD Decryptor and DVD-Shrink are both free for the download, and the demo version of Nero will work just fine for this purpose.

DVD Decryptor is no more on the web, though copies can still be found out there (or in here, for that matter; it was freeware so it's not an issue). PM me if you are using DVD Decryptor; some common sense things to consider there..... :whistling:

These guys are a pretty tremendous source of information. Everything from simple "how to's" to complete discussions on file formats, region codes, etc.

Regards - B.B.S.

Edit - added link

I'm having problems with making a dvd from .avis and mpegs? Does someone know a link that can help me?
Thanks

Swissy said:
Dvd X-Copy has a number of options- you can remove the commentary, other languages, etc... that allows a movie to be put on a single disk without too much extra compression.

If you happen to have gotten a copy before it was ruled illegal and pulled from circulation... :whistling:
[snapback]220352[/snapback]​

DVD X Copy Platinum is awesome when it is working. I have a legal copy that I bought before the litigation that made 321 Studios quit producing it. Problem is, I have had to reload Windows several times since I have owned this software (not related to problems with the software)resulting in having to reinstall DVD X Copy several times. The last time I went to install it I got a message stating that I have exceeded the allowable number of installations for my licence. Normally a quick call to tech support would resolve this issue, but 321 Studios has since filed bankruptcy and tech support no longer exsists. You can still buy legal copies, just be aware that you will only be able to reinstall a limited number of times. There are supposed to be key generators out there that solve this problem but I, like many others out there have yet to get them to work.

Sorry about the long winded post. :blush: I would highly recomend DVD X Copy Platinum if someone knows of a solid work-around this issue.

BlindedByScience said:
I use DVD Decryptor and DVD-Shrink, and burn with Nero.
Edit - added link
[snapback]221372[/snapback]​

BINGO! :cool:

Be sure to turn off the automatic updates with DVD Decryptor. I don't think you want the people who now own the website sending you updates. ;)

If you need help shoot a pm over.

Brent