• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Eddie Van Halen

Same here... my very first concert was Van Halen (with Sammy Hagar as well)

I just saw this on FB. So unexpected -- I knew he had cancer, but last he posted somewhere he looked very healthy. Such a loss... :(

This sucks. All the best rock legends go too young 😢

When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton and hanging out in Hollywood whenever I could I saw eddy play at a yard party and later on at some of the Hollywood ballrooms. He smoked like a chimney even back then. Such a loss of talent.

Terrible day!! Eddie was a legend!! One of the first concerts I went to was Van Halen at the forum.

terrible day for music as Johnny Nash also passed away today.

Such sad news. When I was a kid my parents would always play music around the house so a lot of music I knew was what they played and never really thought about what else was out there. Then I got a little older and started searching for more music out there. Van Halen was one of those first bands and holy shit was my mind blown. Eddie's playing was just unreal to me.

Not just a great player, EVH moved the art in a different and interesting direction. Sad times for his family and close friends.....