• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Egg Substitute

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I wonder if it's any good. Saw it at BJ's warehouse....a bit of a savings over the Green Egg version.

Anyone else see one of these or know someone who owns one? 

LINK

Is this not just a repackaged Egg? I'm surprised they could call it that if it wasn't. Seems like a trademark violation to me.

I saw the other day and looked at it. Having seen the real deal on several occasions it didn't have the same fit and finish of a real egg. The price was very good, but I didn't like the cart was on the flimsy side. With all that weight if you move it around a lot it may fall apart.

JHolmes763 said:
Is this not just a repackaged Egg? I'm surprised they could call it that if it wasn't. Seems like a trademark violation to me.

I would think the use of the word "egg" denotes a widely used description of a shape versus a trademark protected phrase or name. 
tone-ny said:
I saw the other day and looked at it. Having seen the real deal on several occasions it didn't have the same fit and finish of a real egg. The price was very good, but I didn't like the cart was on the flimsy side. With all that weight if you move it around a lot it may fall apart.

I didn't see it in person, just the box. Upon further research on BBQ websites they are saying the same as you Ant. The seal wasn't that good, the top vent sucked, and the cart was flimsy. But the overall consensus was that it cooked very well for the money once these minor issues were sorted out.