• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Galan Reserva Especial

Les Nesman

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
This is my first review ever on a website so take it as you will.I have been smoking cigars for some 20 years on and off but never thought to post a review but I have gotten such great information here I decided to try to give back a little.

Today I review the El Galan Reserva Especial from Felix Mesa of El Galan Factory in Estelli
Price -$6.50
Size-Airosos 5 x 52
He makes many cigars for other people like Sosa I think.His brand is fairly new and really deserves a look as this is an old school cigar with new school blend .

Specs
Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro Wrapper
Binder and Filler Nica Puro

This is a box pressed HEAVY filled cigar.I need to go to the gym just to lift it JeJe. Dark chocolate wrapper and striking red double band.

Pre Light:
Nice spice,chocolate and earthy barnyard smell .

First Third:
I light her up and let her rest for a moment and then my first draw.
Instantly I am hit with what I guess is a mix of red and white pepper.Secondary Flavors are chocolate and an earthy must and some faint leather.The Flavors are very nice and every puff gets a nice combo of pepper and combo of pepper and light chocolate on the retrohale. I'm digging the Flavors from the start.Body is medium from the start.

Second Third:
The heavy pepper is still there but is secondary to the mix of leather and chocolate.The musty earth is also present.Burn for a box press is good with only a minor touch up.

Final Third:
The white/red pepper comes back to the front and the chocolate and musty earth fight each other for the Vice President position.Strength is now med-full and the nicotine is starting to kick in.I smoked one of these two weeks ago when they arrived from cigar bid and the Flavors were nowhere near this.I can only imagine how much better they will be in a few more weeks in the humi.This is one of the better cigars I have had this year and at about 6.50 a stick,well it is a no brainier for my go to cigars.It reminds me of a good Opus X minus the baking spice and cinnamon----Darn

Great cigar at a more than resonable price.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Les, you gave it a good shot for your first review. The photo section looked like it ran into,the duplicator and his gang, but that can be fixed. The crux of this is for review.

I'm only into cigars six years and admit I don't know this brand, but from your write up I would pick up a 5er and give them a little time. A good $6.50 stick is right in my sweet zone.

You might consider adding to your profile with hobbies, hootch likes, family etc. Gives all of us a chance to become better acquainted.

Ya done good for your first time pilgrim, stick around, absorb and share.

Thanks Pugman.

I did the review from my phone and the large image icon kept lighting up, so I kept hitting it and the photobomb grew .Sorry about that.
I also added a few things about myself on my profile page per your suggestion, not that anyone cares much about middle age dude from NC, but it's up there anyways.

El Galan is a new brand that has only been out maybe 18 months from Felix Mesa's factory in Nica.From the research I found, his factory makes several brands for other people including all of the Sosa Cigars using his own tobacco.. He also has another El Galan brand called"Dona Nives" which I have laid down in the humi for about 3 days and will review that one as well in a few weeks. The Reserva also comes in Maduro for you guys that like Maduros.

You can get them from CI or Cigar.com and few few others, but not a saturated distribution network as of yet. He also has his own Cigar Lounge in Miami per his FB page if you are around that area.

Thanks for the review and as Pugman said go back and edit out the 3 or four extra pictures of each. I wasn't sure if there was going any verbiage. HAHAHA. Pics were well done though. And be careful as there might be some people who want you to show more leg.:D

You should be able to edit your post and delete them from there.

ETA: nice review. Will be on the lookout for one.

You should be able to edit your post and delete them from there.

ETA: nice review. Will be on the lookout for one.

What Oke said. At the bottom of each post you make there is an edit button, click it and delete the duplicates.