• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Rey de Los Habanos

Great vid to watch Doc, thanks.

But, every one knows, or should know, that the only Rey de Los todos Cubanos was none other than Beny More...always, and forever. This is what should be enjoyed along with any and every cigar one smokes...and while not smoking:

Linky 1

Linky 2....these vids are absolute classic and will never be rivaled :love: :love: :love:

Linky 3

Linky 4

Linky 5...look for Mongo Santamaria....Oshun is happy

Something else to enjoy with a cigar:

Aye....mamacita....

Que linda.....

Edited to add....

There are times, on occassions, when it is perfectly acceptable to substitute this instead of the above:

Linky

Thanks for the education. You gotta get to the roots. I've been playing drums since I was a little kid. Eventually nearly all drummers end up studding Afro-Cuban music. I've only recently begun the journey. There are no more complex rhythms. The drums still talk.

Doc.

Thanks for the education. You gotta get to the roots. I've been playing drums since I was a little kid. Eventually nearly all drummers end up studding Afro-Cuban music. I've only recently begun the journey. There are no more complex rhythms. The drums still talk.

Doc.

Speaking of roots...beyond Beny More, you'd be hard pressed to find many who can compare to Mario Bauza and Chano Pozo.

And next to Beny More...here's one of my favorites:

Machito

Machito y Graciela

And for my Boricua brothers, y los Nuyoricans...mmmm....que sabroso...

Hector Lavoe y Willie Colon

Hector Lavoe con Tito Puente

And you have to mention the thousand-fingered man...Candido Camero...I've met him several times, and just talking to him...damn...talk about an education:

Candido Camero

Candido 2

Second props gotta be given to Patato Valdes and Francisco Aguabella.

Damn, time to go break out the vinyl and acetate.

Those two Candido clips are worth their weight in gold. Thanks. Those were a lesson in how to do it. 82...

Doc.

MC and Doc, I haven't enjoyed a thread more since I've been a member.

Thank you,

Rob

Those two Candido clips are worth their weight in gold. Thanks. Those were a lesson in how to do it. 82...

Doc.

Yep, and saw him again last year down here in Coconut Grove and when he gets behind his 3-conga set up...brother, it's like he's 20 again. Also met up with he and Graciela (who is actually Machito's sister) and they were absolutely incredible. But Candido himself...damn, hearing him tell stories about what he's done, where he's been and what he's still doing...it's simply incredible.

I mentioned him above, so here's ol' Francisco Aguabella (amazing)...and a bit of Patato too (amazing as well) for your enjoyment...

Agua 1

Agua y Patato :cool:

Agua 2

Agua 3 :cool: :cool:

I wonder if the Ashton San Cristobals share this 'Corojo Maduro' wrapper.

Pretty exciting if you ask me.

This is a great thread. I've been a Beny More fan for years, but for some reason never thought to look for clips of him on YouTube. Have anyone seen the film Calle 54? It's a great look at the Cuban music scene. Here's a clip featuring pianist Michel Camilo - it's 7:28, but worth checking out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXT07AnkYRE

Wilson

Thanks for the wonderful clips! Great thread. :thumbs:

The ERDLH cigars are good, too! :D

I'm glad this got topped. I missed it first time around. Thanks, Doc and MC.