• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Triunfador #4

jorel

I know El Triunfador. El Triunfador is a friend of mind. You, sir, are no El Triunfador.

Or the line goes. I knew this was a new blend of the "old" name. I still have 20 of a box of OR Triunfador Lanceros I bought a year ago. Love that dark, oily wrapper, maduro-type taste. Mmmm.

But we have to move on and embrace the new El Triunfador line. Yes - I could have selected the Lancero to do a true comparison - but why rush when it's totally different blend anyway. The No. 4 is a 4 x 48 - mine appeared to have slight box press but could be just how they were shipped. Started out real spice bomb - was worried it would be too much to smoke - and I had thought these were designed to be a bit more "medium." After good inch - it did "settle down" and was a very interesting smoke the entire way through. Good burn, well made. I leave the better review writing to Kingantz - just suffice it to say change can be good. Glad I got a fiver cuz means I have a few more to smoke.

John

4460569873_e9113e8cdc_o.png

4460569951_d643e110a6_o.jpg

I just saw these recently and picked a couple up. I enjoyed them quite a bit. Spicy up front, but mellowed just like yours.

Nice review!

I don't know John...I'm pretty stuck on the OR El Triunfador lanceros...

I have been smoking these for a few weeks now. They are no where near the older original release, but these smokes are some of my favorites. Spicy but with a nice creaminess to them...

I'm looking forward to trying these. I was actually pretty underwhelmed by the OR's.... just didn't do much for me.

I'm interested in trying these. The original got me on my lancero kick that I'm on. However, I'm a big fan of the Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper on the originals.

Well, I had to drop off the Shelby at Galpin today to get the clutch done, so on the way in to LA for work Shant and I stopped at Big Easy Cigars in Studio City to do a quick recon. Upon seeing the new El Triunfador blend however, the quick recon turned into sitting down for a smoke with the owner. Needless to say, I was very surprised by this new addition to the line. I honestly was a bit skeptical after the lackluster Black Tubo, which might have helped me to enjoy this cigar that much. Vastly different than the original blend, I would strongly discourage anyone from comparing the two. I love the original blend, but this new one is certainly very good. I found it fairly mild, easy on an empty stomach, and very creamy. I'll certainly be enjoying these regularly. :thumbs:

There seems to be quite a bit of debate between the OR and current blend of these. I might try to pick up one of each to do a comparison review. Might be kind of fun.

There seems to be quite a bit of debate between the OR and current blend of these. I might try to pick up one of each to do a comparison review. Might be kind of fun.

Why compare two entirely different cigars? They aren't even close in taste.

There is no comparison, they are different blends. I love both.